JOIN OUR TEAM AT TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
Our libraries are currently cultivating a team of professionals and seeking highly innovative and enthusiastic individuals who want to contribute to our growth and development. Under new leadership, we are excited to rethink how library functions have evolved during the pandemic and embrace hybrid and remote work opportunities for some positions. As an Association of Research Libraries (ARL) member, Texas State’s University Libraries are at the forefront of advancing equitable, enduring research and scholarship. We are creating a culture of creativity and experimentation as we pursue librarians, archivists, curators and specialists at all levels who want to support student success and be a part of the university’s “run to R1.”
ABOUT UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
Our libraries provide vital services and resources that fuel the success of research and innovation at Texas State University. We comprise three facilities and two prestigious collections that are continually evolving to meet the needs of the growing university and an ever-changing, technology-driven world. The Albert B. Alkek Library in San Marcos offers a rich collection of digital and print resources to support student learning and enhance faculty teaching and research. The Round Rock Campus Library supports the research and information needs of faculty and students on the growing Round Rock campus by offering all the resources and services of a large academic library in its comfortable setting. The Archives and Research Center is a state-of-the-art preservation library that will protect decades of university treasures and library resources. The Wittliff Collections is a campus gem that is committed to preserving the creative legacy of the Southwest through its Southwestern Writers Collection, Southwestern and Mexican Photography Collection and Texas Music Collection. These three cultural pillars provide the keystone for discovery of our region's heritage through thousands of archival treasures collected firsthand from such icons as Cormac McCarthy, Sandra Cisneros, Edward Curtis, and Willie Nelson. The University Archives provides the key to unlock the stories of Texas State University that connect its past to its present. The collection includes materials that document the history and legacy of the university and provide researchers with unique sources of information about Texas State and the Hays County region.
Responsible for developing and producing strong visual UI designs using core and developing wireframes and interactive prototypes for UX testing.
- Knowledge of UX research and design principles, including designing and conducting UX research methodologies, such as user interviews and usability testing.
- Experience with content management systems such as Gato, Drupal, WordPress etc.
- Knowledge of design thinking practices and principles.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects at a given time.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Experience working in research libraries.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Knowledge of current research, technologies, methods, and trends in User Experience (UX).
- Knowledge of web communications best practices and analytics.
- Experience designing surveys and analyzing data.
- Experience with digital dashboards and data visualization tools.
- Ensures the website and digital collections are discoverable, and accessible.
- Creates and manages web content, coordinates projects, ensures currency of information, and gathers usage statistics and information to continually improve resource discovery and use.
- Provide final production of all assets, and work with programmers to ensure accurate translation of designs across platforms and devices.
- Conduct workshops or presentations to university community on media, design and their effective use in teaching and learning. Provide design support, cohesiveness and consultation to project teams and client requests.
- Prepare and deliver templates, digital files, and other appropriate assets to programmers, clients or others for final execution, integration or deployment.
- Provide clear and effective training documentation.
You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, and list of references to your application.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including, but not limited to, criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Why work @ Texas State?
- Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
- Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
- Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
- Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
- An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
- Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Last updated: Thursday, April 13, 2023 00:18 UTC