Digital Stewardship Coordinator
COPPUL is seeking a Digital Stewardship Coordinator. This is a full-time, three year position and may be filled as a secondment from a COPPUL member library. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Digital Preservation Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day development and operation of the COPPUL Digital Stewardship Network (COPPUL DSN). The COPPUL DSN enables individual member institutions to undertake effective digital preservation activities on their campuses by providing expertise and resources to develop local policies, procedures, workflows, and content management.
- Plans and coordinates educational and professional development opportunities related to digital preservation and stewardship for COPPUL members.
- Enables COPPUL to advocate as a consortium for increased awareness of, and resources for, digital preservation and stewardship.
- Collaborates with external partners to provide COPPUL members with digital preservation and stewardship-related tools and services.
- Works with the broader digital preservation and stewardship community to align COPPUL’s efforts with emerging national and international standards, services, and infrastructure. This includes working to mature COPPUL’s Distributed Digital Preservation Storage Service, WestVault.
- Provides training, technical support, and advice in relation to COPPUL and other preservation-related platforms and services, and works towards platform integrations and new service offerings.
- Works with stakeholders to develop strategic and operational plans and to develop new services for COPPUL members and clients.
- Works with service hosts to plan and implement capacity enhancements as required.
- Facilitates and coordinates communication and information-sharing among COPPUL members.
- Develops, maintains and disseminates documentation relating to COPPUL initiatives and services.
- Disseminates information about COPPUL activities through professional and academic meetings.
- Keeps current with trends in digital preservation across Canada and internationally.
- Works with and represents COPPUL DSN to vendor partners.
- Identifies and fosters connections with initiatives undertaken by other COPPUL programs/committees, as appropriate.
- Pursues external and grant funding as opportunities arise.
Qualifications and Expertise
- ALA-accredited Master of Library Science or equivalent; additional formal education in Computing Science would be an asset.
- Experience developing successful cross-institutional collaborations and working on geographically distributed teams.
- Strong technical knowledge and demonstrable experience with distributed Digital Research Infrastructure (DRI) and preservation models, standards and technologies in Canadian higher education Institutions.
- Strong communication skills and experience advocating for digital preservation in the academic setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on projects from requirements-gathering to launch with an agreed timeline.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff who possess a wide variety of expertise.
- Experience planning and leading workshops and meetings (both in-person and virtual).
- Experience liaising with vendors.
The Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries (COPPUL) is a non-profit library consortium that serves academic libraries in Western Canada. Staff work remotely and in some instances are seconded from their home institutions. Our mission is to identify areas of intersection across the membership. We embrace opportunities for learning, engagement, and collaboration with new and existing partners.
COPPUL is committed to equity and diversity and seeks to foster the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, ability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
$70,000 - $80,000 per year with 9% in lieu of a pension plus benefits and 20 days holiday. If filled as a secondment, remuneration will be adjusted as needed.
To apply, please send a letter of application, CV and the names of three references to Vivian Stieda, COPPUL Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by May 12, 2023.
How to apply
Vivian Stieda, COPPUL Executive Director, email@example.com
Published: Wednesday, April 5, 2023 21:36 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, April 5, 2023 21:36 UTC