Do you want to change the Library Industry by paving the road for more openness and flexibility in the industry?
The FOLIO Implementation Consultant (Data Migration) provides the support client needs as they go live on FOLIO and beyond. We analyze, document, and try to understand the client’s data and workflow processes. And most importantly, work with clients to ensure that they are using FOLIO to support their workflow as FOLIO evolves.
In your role as FOLIO Implementation Consultant (Data Migration), you will work closely with your FOLIO Implementation Consultant colleagues and with the library to guide the library’s implementation team through each step of the migration process.
You will be primarily responsible for scoping, planning, and executing the migration of data from a library’s legacy system into FOLIO. This involves data analysis, transformation and loading using EBSCO’s suite of FOLIO migration tools, APIs, and other command line and desktop tools. It also requires documenting requirements from library staff, directing configuration specialists, understanding functional as well as technical complexities, and applying team solutions.
You will take part in the continuous refinement and scaling of our services.
- 5+ years of experience working as a systems librarian, data scientist, implementation consultant, or a similar role
- Familiarity with library data formats such as MARC and/or BIBFRAME
- Comfortable working with REST APIs and command line tools
- Experience leading/performing data migration projects
- Basic programming and scripting
- College/university degree in Information Science or other relevant area
- Ability to attend online meetings during US business hours (eastern - pacific)
- Master’s degree in Library science or Information Systems
- Experience working for a library or library software provider
- Project management skills
- Presentation skills
- 5+ years of experience working with a scripting language, such as Python
- Ability to travel
- Ability to pass a government background check (for certain customers)
- Ability to attend online meetings during European business hours (for certain customers)
Target Annual Compensation Range: $88,500 - $126,500
Last updated: Thursday, March 23, 2023 20:45 UTC