On the foundation of faith, wisdom and trust in Providence, Our Lady of the Lake University (OLLU) prepares graduates to transform their communities, families and professions.
OLLU, founded in 1895 by the Congregation of Divine Providence, is a coeducational comprehensive institution with an enrollment of more than 3,100 students. With its main residential campus in San Antonio and non-traditional programs in San Antonio, Houston, the Rio Grande Valley (La Feria), and online, OLLU has a presence in two of the largest cities in Texas, the border region, and literally around the world.
The University offers more than 30 undergraduate majors and minors, 14 master's programs and three doctoral programs through its College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business and Leadership, and the College of Professional Studies. OLLU offers classes in daytime, evening, weekend and online formats.
The Sueltenfuss Library seeks a full-time Systems and Web Services Librarian (Assistant Professor) to serve a diverse, multicultural student body in a student-centered setting. The successful candidate will lead the library's effort to enhance its virtual spaces, and to develop and expand online library services. Non-tenure track faculty status; rank dependent on qualifications; twelve-month appointment.
- Design, develop, and maintain the library website using the library's content management system (Springhare).
- Lead ongoing usability testing on the library website. Work with library management, students, faculty and other stakeholders to coordinate and administer tests, analyze feedback, incorporate changes to the library website and communicate results. Ensure the library's web-based content adheres to web accessibility standards.
- Administer online databases and associated middleware (EZ Proxy, OCLC Knowledge Base, Tipasa, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex connectivity issues: authentication, database and e-journal changes, subscription platform changes, network and IP issues, etc. Work with OLLU ITS, and vendor technical support as appropriate.
- Support online discovery of library resources via the integrated library system (ILS) and associated products. Activities may include service configurations, integrations, upgrades, enhancements or other fixes; day to day management, maintenance, troubleshooting and user support.
- Recommend new technology applications; lead and manage implementation; serve as co-administrator of WorldShare Management Services system.
- Perform assessment of library technologies and web services.
- Maintain working knowledge of library and web technology, best practices, and proficiency in maintaining library systems.
- Teach library instruction sessions, create user guides, videos and tutorials as needed.
- Serves on university and library committees as appropriate.
- Pursues personal professional development; contributes to the profession through scholarship and service to library organizations.
- Provide research assistance in all disciplines at the reference desk; may include evening and weekend hours.
- Participate as a collection development selector for assigned subject areas
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with administering an integrated library system, preferably WorldShare Management Services.
- Knowledge of integrated library systems, EZproxy, authentication protocols, interlibrary loan, and content management systems.
- Familiarity with website accessibility standards and guidelines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with faculty, students and library colleagues.
- Flexibility and ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Self-directed and self-motivated learner with ability to work independently as well as in groups.
- Ability and commitment to serve a diverse, multicultural student body in a student-centered setting.
- Model behaviors consistent with University's Core Values: Trust, Integrity, Community & Service.
- Must be able to respect, support, and contribute to the University's and Library's mission.
- Knowledge of metadata scheme such as MARC, Dublin Core, METS, MODS or EAD.
- Experience with a digital archive system.
- Experience with the SpringShare platform.
- Experience in reference and instruction.
- Experience with at least one programming or scripting language, preferably PHP/MySQL and/or XML.
- Experience working with outside parties such as vendors and university IT.
Education and Experience
- ALA accredited master's degree.
Employment with Our Lady of the Lake University is contingent upon the applicant undergoing a background investigation.
OLLU seeks to attract, develop and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administrators. The University is committed to diversity and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities. EOE
Our Lady of the Lake University uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Please complete the online Application for Academic Employment and attach the following: letter of Interest denoting position for which applying, Resume and/or Curriculum Vitae, Copies of all transcripts reflecting receipt of terminal degree in discipline for which applying, and a listing of three professional references. For consideration for Academic Employment, all materials above must be submitted together and at one time. Incomplete packets for academic employment will not be considered.
How to apply
For additional information about this job opening, please contact Mario Leyva firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitted by: email@example.com
Published: Tuesday, March 21, 2023 14:45 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, March 21, 2023 14:45 UTC