Scholarly Communications Librarian
Thomas Jefferson University invites you to apply for the position of Scholarly Communications Librarian at the Paul J. Gutman Library on the beautiful East Falls campus in Philadelphia.
The Scholarly Communications Librarian develops and implements library initiatives in support of scholarly publishing and digital scholarship by the Jefferson University community. The Scholarly Communications Librarian works closely with other Jefferson Library and Academic Commons (AC) staff to facilitate the use of Library and AC resources and services for scholarly publishing and digital scholarship creation by faculty and students on the East Falls campus. They conduct workshops, and other programming on scholarly publishing and the promotion of published works, digital scholarship, and data management best practices to students, faculty, and academic departments, specifically as it pertains to the East Falls Archives, Special Collections, and other East Falls academic departments.
The Scholarly Communications Librarian collaborates with Information Services librarians at all Jefferson Libraries on outreach initiatives and responsibilities relating to information literacy instruction, research support, scholarly publishing, and collection development in assigned discipline areas and programs. This position will be a liaison librarian to the School of Rehabilitation Science.
This position is a hybrid position. Hybrid means working from home at most one day a week and from our center city library, the Scott Memorial Library as needed.
· A year or more experience teaching or leading workshops on information management skills in an academic library setting.
· Understanding of the scholarly information process, including the emerging areas and trends in scholarly communications, digital publishing, digital scholarship, and the functions of an institutional repository.
· Effective oral and written communications skills; including the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, students, and faculty on various projects and library services.
· Collaborative approach to outreach and problem-solving and working across organizational departments in service of user needs.
· Work with digital repository platforms such as bepress’ Digital Commons, DSpace, and/or other repository tools.
· Supporting faculty and students publishing in the fields of humanities and liberal arts, architecture, fashion, and textile design.
· Academic liaison services, including collection development for a specific subject area.
· In-class and remote information literacy instruction and reference/information services support.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: An advanced library science degree (MLS or MLIS) or other relevant graduate degree and experience.
· Supports faculty and students in the publication and promotion of scholarly writing.
· Develops and leads workshops on best practices in the field of scholarly writing, publishing, and digital scholarship.
· Highlights and promotes the creation of scholarly works by faculty and students of Jefferson East Falls and the unique collections of the Paul J. Gutman Library and archival collections in fashion, textiles, architecture, and others.
· Collaborates closely with library staff, especially with the Digital Archivist to promote and develop the use of the institutional repository, Jefferson Digital Commons (JDC), new digital publishing tools and digital scholarship services.
· Provides outreach and education to students, faculty and staff around scholarly digital publishing issues, including open education resources, copyright, citation metrics, and persistent identifiers (ORCID iD, DOIs, etc.) in collaboration with colleagues in Jefferson Libraries. Participates as a delegate to the Open Education Network for TJU East Falls.
· Teach classes and workshops that build information literacy and citation management skills for Jefferson students and faculty. Including providing in-depth consulting services on the effective use of information resources, search engines, and bibliographic management software, including but not limited to Pivot, Interfolio, LabArchives, RefWorks, Ovid, PubMed, etc., independently and in collaboration with colleagues at Jefferson Libraries.
· Provides liaison and collection development services to an assigned liaison area on the East Falls campus; and other areas as needed.
· Provides information services (both in-person and online) to the Jefferson University community.
· Stays abreast of new platforms, technologies, methods, and trends for scholarly communications.
· Other duties as assigned.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Fill-in HR form: https://recruit.jefferson.edu/psc/hcmp/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
STARTING DATE: ASAP
How to apply
DaVonne R. Rooney, Library Director
Published: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 20:58 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 20:58 UTC