Coordinator, User Services - One
University of Nevada, Reno - Main Campus
The University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. Final applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact our recruitment helpline at (775) 784-1495 or https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjobs%40unr.edu%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cmichellebriggs%40unr.edu%7C3fc56ddb0d3143705f1c08d9932205df%7C523b4bfc0ebd4c03b2b96f6a17fd31d8%7C1%7C0%7C637702596595879550%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=f3IzAEa5H3%2FeLS%2BymU9ZqLPkGDVrZukYCBVy8XHJYe0%3D&reserved=0. For UNR Med professional job postings, please contact the Office of Professional Recruitment at (775) 784-6778.
The University of Nevada, Reno is seeking applications for a Coordinator, User Services. The Coordinator ensures the highest quality of customer service in mailto:@One service locations in the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center and collaborates with other departmental staff to find solutions and apply appropriate technologies to satisfy customer needs. The position is responsible for day-to-day management and operations of the mailto:@One Service Desk, the mailto:@One Print Production area, and the mailto:@One Main Floor computer use area, including supervising staff and student assistants, scheduling activities, and coordinating public service activities.
The Coordinator is expected to:
• Serve as lead professional for mailto:@One public services including the central service desk, main computer use area, and the Production and Printing Center
• Directly organizes and participates in training sessions or workshops, designed to enhance student and staff working knowledge of multimedia technology in mailto:@One.
• Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate professional, temporary staff and student employees
• Maintains the staffing schedule and monitors the mailto:@One activities/events calendar
• Manages the logistics required for a smoothly functioning mailto:@One end-user experience, including maintaining inventory of materials, managing the operating and student wage budget, communications with IT regarding health and refresh of mailto:@one floor computers, general maintenance of printing equipment, programming of Wolfcard register system, managing of print and student fee transactions and tracking of tagged UNR property
• Tracks, monitors, and administers recharge and fee based operating budget (>$100K) for print production; makes budget projections, facilitates procurement, reconciles expenses, and provides fee justifications.
• Works directly with vendors to source and procure print production materials and equipment.
Bachelor's Degree and two (2) years of related professional work experience OR
Master's Degree and one (1) years of related work experience
Related Experience: Digital media (graphic preparation for print), customer service, print management, or any combination of related experience as outlined
We recognize candidates may not have all the preferred qualifications—we encourage you to apply if you meet some or most of them.
• Experience working in higher education
• Experience supervising both professional staff and student employees
• Experience in Customer Service
• Experience working in an integrated library system (Alma, Sierra, etc)
• Experience with Adobe suite (Photoshop, etc)
• Knowledge of digital media equipment (cameras, projectors, microphones, etc)
• Budget administration experience
Schedule or Travel Requirements
Minimum salary is $60,000. This is a full-time, Administrative Faculty position at a Compensation Grade B.
To view the salary schedule for this position, please visit: https://www.unr.edu/hr/compensation-evaluation/salary-schedules and select Administrative Faculty by Grade. Salary is competitive and commensurate with related education and experience.
• https://www.unr.edu/bcn-nshe/benefits/retirement! - Our retirement plan is beyond compare. Your 15.50% contribution is generously matched by the University. With the faculty retirement plan, you are 100% vested your first day. Sit back and watch your retirement dollars grow! All permanent employees on an annual "A" or "B" contract who are employed at least 50% full-time are eligible to participate in the NSHE retirement program unless they are members of PERS of Nevada. In addition, the University offers several voluntary deferred compensation programs.
• https://www.unr.edu/bcn-nshe/benefits/insurance - Health insurance options including dental and vision, life insurance and long-term disability
• https://www.unr.edu/hr/benefits/leave-and-time-off/faculty - Generous annual and sick leave; thirty (30) days of sick leave provided upon start date and two (2) days of sick leave accrued per full month after the first year of service, two (2) days of annual leave accrued each full month
• https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mountaineap.com%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cgrogan%40unr.edu%7C9406b12051dd4b853eae08da0829587b%7C523b4bfc0ebd4c03b2b96f6a17fd31d8%7C1%7C0%7C637831270912948759%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=SM%2BXHyRTEinUCTs3ygHUN%2F7%2Brkw68QOHP3YvCmEjj0Q%3D&reserved=0 - supports employees (and eligible dependents) through life's difficult moments. Mountain EAP is located in Reno and specializes in counseling and advising services for personal or interpersonal issues.
Perks of working at UNR
• https://www.unr.edu/hr/jobs/dual-career-program - The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes the importance of addressing dual-career couples' professional needs. We offer a dual career assistance program to newly hired faculty spouses/partners that provides resources and assists them to identify career opportunities in Northern Nevada. Dual Career Program
• https://www.unr.edu/hr/benefits/educational-benefits/faculty - The University is proud to provide a reduced-rate tuition benefit to faculty and qualified dependents. Faculty can take up to six credits per semester at a reduced rate. Dependents of faculty have unlimited credits, but in order to be eligible children must be unmarried and under the age of 24 and must receive at least 50% of their financial support from the employee and/or employee's spouse or domestic partner.
• https://www.unr.edu/fitness/memberships - E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center offers an annual or semester membership and family membership options.
• https://www.unr.edu/diversity/groups - Several Diversity Committees and Affinity Groups focusing on campus-wide diversity initiatives to ensure we are working to create a diverse and welcoming campus climate.
• https://www.unr.edu/faculty-senate - Faculty Senate is the principal representing body for faculty. Its membership includes representatives from each academic and administrative major unit of the University.
• Nevada residents do not pay state income tax.
About the University Libraries
The University Libraries has been a cornerstone of the University since it was founded in 1874. Today it encompasses a blend of cutting-edge research facilities and services, including the state-of-the-art Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center (main library), Special Collections and University Archives, DeLaMare Science and Engineering Library, Jon Bilbao Basque Library, and mailto:@One Digital Media and Technology Center. The University Libraries fulfills its mission to further intellectual inquiry and innovation; partner with students and faculty in the creation of new knowledge; and foster excellence in education through providing access to scholarly resources, active learning environments, contemporary technology, and knowledgeable assistance, all with an underlying core focus on https://library.unr.edu/about/idea.
Search Coordinator, Mary Martini at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment/s viewable to you will be the attachment/s to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment/s to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment/s will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact the candidate helpdesk at mailto:email@example.com.
Attach the following attachments to your application
2) Cover Letter
3) Contact Information for Three Professional References
4) Please write a brief statement (one page maximum) about how you would contribute toward our mission of creating a culturally inclusive environment in the role for which you are applying.
Initial review of applications will begin on March 17, 2023
Posting Close Time
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed below. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
HR will attempt to verify academic credentials upon receipt of hiring documents. If the academic credentials cannot be verified, HR will notify the faculty member that an official transcript of their highest degree must be submitted within thirty days of the faculty member's first day of employment.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
Applicants hired on a federal contract may be subject to E-Verify.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
For positions that require driving, evidence of a valid driver's license will be required at the time of employment and as a condition of continued employment.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
University of Nevada, Reno
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3987729
Founded in 1874, the University of Nevada, Reno is the State of Nevada’s land grant institution with a statewide mission and presence. The University of Nevada, Reno is a Carnegie I Research Institution and has been recognized as a “Top Tier” Best National University by U.S. News & World Report. With an enrollment of nearly 21,000 students we offer 145 Tier 1 accredited degree programs. Located in the picturesque Truckee Meadows the University of Nevada, Reno is surrounded by numerous state and national parks, is 45 minutes from beautiful Lake Tahoe, and four hours from San Francisco.
The University of Nevada, Reno recognizes that diversity promotes excellence in education and research. We are an inclusive and engaged community and recognize the added value that students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds bring to the educational experience.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to apply
Published: Monday, March 13, 2023 22:10 UTC
Last updated: Monday, March 13, 2023 22:10 UTC