This position provides wide-ranging support services for CLEVNET staff in relation to the integrated library management software.
Master’s degree in library and information sciences is required.
• 2 to 5 years’ experience with scripting languages at a basic level is preferred. Experience with library management software and with relational databases and API’s is required.
• Supervisory experience: NA
1. Experience working in libraries is required.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in public-sector, and/or a union environment is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, etc.
Driver License: Required
Other License: NA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Evaluation of this position is based primarily on performance of the following essential functions, which include, but are not limited to:
1. Provides technical support to CLEVNET staff using integrated library management software and other applications related to library operations.
2. Identifies and resolves problems with integrated library management software, working with the provider of the software when necessary.
3. Develops scripts and produces reports to support library operations including reporting on bibliographic, patron and transaction data.
4. Assists in planning, configuring, and executing upgrades of integrated library management software.
5. Tests new applications of integrated library management software.
6. Recommends changes to integrated library management software, policies, files, and practices.
7. May assist library staff in performing computer functions.
8. May assist public service staff to address patron computer needs related to Library operations software.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Supports processes, reports, and applications for the integration of system data with third-party or locally developed systems.
11. Assists in the design and development of the training curriculum, content and materials for CLEVNET staff; conducts in-person training and assists in the administration of the training program.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2023 22:19 UTC