Computer and Networking Technician -Full-Time Bargaining Union (SEIU) (1 position remaining)
Grade: F1 $21.9440
Cleveland Public Library strives to be the driving force behind a powerful culture of learning that will inspire Clevelanders from all walks of life to continually learn, share, and seek out new knowledge
The successful applicant will be a self-directed professional with a strong work ethic, a collaborative work style, a sense of humor, and the skill set to thrive in a welcoming service environment for patron and staff.
Provide and maintain technical support of the Cleveland Public Library and CLEVNET libraries computer systems and networks.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Windows Active Directory, server management tools, in a domain environment, such as group policy as well as Virtual Server/experience with virtualization.
• Associates Degree or the equivalent of two years coursework at an accredited college or university.
• Electronic technology/engineering degree preferred.
• One year computer, networking, and telecommunications experience
• Ability to identify, to analyze, and to resolve computer hardware problems.
• Knowledge of computer and peripheral networking connectivity technology.
• Knowledge of Windows and other operating systems along with Active Directory and NT Domain models, and the tools needed to support them.
• Knowledge of server operating systems and technology.
• Ability to perform network troubleshooting including LAN/WAN.
• Knowledge of PC hardware and peripherals.
• Knowledge of PC imaging techniques for mass deployment.
• Knowledge of network device commands and configuration.
• Ability to quickly learn new computer and software skills on a regular basis.
• Ability to set priorities and to organize data and workflows.
• Knowledge of business mathematics and business English including spelling and grammar.
• Ability to adapt to new and updated software and procedures.
• Ability to demonstrate intermediate level computer skills including use of MS Windows, word processing, spreadsheet processing, electronic communication, database management, and Internet browsing.
• Ability to maintain insurable driving status per the standards of the Library’s fleet insurance carrier.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adheres to Library attendance and work schedule policies.
• Complies with all Library work rules, procedures, and policies.
• Maintains a safe work environment.
• Installs, tests, configures, and troubleshoots hardware and software applications and equipment on networked systems.
• Installs cabling and wiring for system computers, servers and networks, and peripheral equipment.
• Troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software, and communications problems including coordinating with vendors.
• Provides Library staff with technical support related to the use of desktop computers including hardware, software, and peripheral equipment such as printers, scanners, cameras, and projectors.
• Provides information regarding the use and functionality of hardware and software.
• Conducts scheduled system and database back-ups including performing restores, and maintaining back up tapes internally and with vendors.
• Recommends changes to improve and optimize computer and network functionality.
• Performs network administration duties including monitoring and adding applications, users and devices, modifying user profiles, monitoring storage utilization, and documenting network changes and revisions.
• Administers system-level security procedures including establishing and maintaining user accounts, assigning file permissions, and administering password and account policies.
• Inventories new equipment and maintains data in the fixed assets system.
• Logs problems in help desk software.
• Maintains Anti-Virus software. Other Job Duties:
• May attend meetings; participate on committees, present workshops and training.
• May perform select duties of other staff in their absence.
• Performs other duties as required.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2023 22:19 UTC