IT Specialist 2
Port Angeles Main Library – Full time
Primary assigned location: Port Angeles Main Library. May be assigned to work at other NOLS Facilities as needed.
Salary: Range 15: $3,621.01 to $4,401.36 per month.
Schedule: Position is budgeted and scheduled for 37.5 hours per week. Work schedule may occasionally vary, including evenings and weekends.
Union Represented Position: AFSCME, Local 1619L
Summary of Position Responsibilities: Individuals assigned to this classification perform a variety of tasks relating to the maintenance, installation and repair of computers and peripherals, the installation and support of standard workplace applications and library applications, and support of the website and Intranet. Tasks are performed under general supervision.
Examples of Essential Job Functions:
Work performed may include, but is not limited to, the following activities:
· Maintains, installs or repairs client PCs and other devices;
· Maintains logs of repairs and changes made to equipment and configurations;
· Responds to user questions about the operation of networked applications and equipment;
· Diagnoses and resolves problems in operations of client computers and applications;
· Diagnoses and solves problems with staff access to networked resources;
· Diagnoses and solves problems with public access computing;
· Assists in maintaining the web site and staff Intranet;
· Delivers technology training to library staff;
· Assists in maintaining documentation;
· Tracks and maintains documentation of IT related inventory
· Researches, recommends and completes approved small to medium IT department purchases
· Occasionally works directly with IT product and service vendors;
· Maintains work areas in a safe, clean and orderly condition;
· Recommends and participates in the development and implementation of operational improvements;
· Actively participates in committees, work groups and special assignments;
· Participates in continuing education opportunities as appropriate;
· Performs related duties as required.
· Timely and regular attendance is an essential job function.
Education, Experience, and Certifications
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Typical education and experience would be:
· High school diploma or equivalent;
· CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications or equivalent;
· Valid Washington State driver’s license;
· Good driving record clear of major traffic violations.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· PC hardware and peripherals including printers, scanners, cameras, etc.
· Windows client operating systems in a domain environment;
· Office productivity software in an enterprise environment;
· Strong customer service attitude;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Physical requirements: Essential job functions require sufficient physical ability to work in an office setting and operate office and library equipment, including the following:
· CONTINUOUS sitting; upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to manipulate keyboard, equipment controls and other office equipment; pinch grasp to manipulate writing utensils.
· FREQUENT side-to-side turning of neck; walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist; moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials; lifting objects weighing up to 20 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 yards.
· OCCASIONAL squatting, kneeling; reaching above and at shoulder height; lifting objects weighing up to 50 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
· Ability to work a varied schedule (including evenings and Saturdays).
· Ability to travel between library locations using NOLS vehicle, personal vehicle or public transportation.
Working conditions: Duties are generally performed indoors. Evening and weekend hours are occasionally required. Work is performed extensively at a computer work station with periods of prolonged sitting or standing. Work station may be shared with other staff. Work requires frequent interaction with co-workers and with the public. Environment includes normal range of noise, dust and other distractions, working around standard office equipment and specialized library equipment. Facilities are smoke-free; smoking is prohibited in all Library facilities and vehicles.
Compensation: Full-time position (37.5 hours per week). Salary Range 15: $3,621.01 to $4,401.36 per month. Appointment may be made at any step, dependent on experience and qualifications.
In 2023, the benefits package includes:
· 5 days paid personal leave per year;
· 5 days paid management leave per year;
· 11 paid holidays per year;
· 12 days paid sick leave per year;
· 15 days paid vacation leave per year (increases after 5, 10 and 16 years of service);
· PERS retirement plan and Social Security;
· Medical insurance coverage available for employee with dependent coverage option by payroll deduction (employee portion toward the total premium for subscriber-only coverage is between $0 and $44.17 per month);
· Dental insurance coverage available for employee with dependent coverage added at no extra cost (employee portion toward the total premium is $2.60 per month);
· $1750 annually for employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA);
· Employer-paid vision coverage for employee and all family members
· Employer-paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
· Employer-paid life and accidental death/dismemberment insurance;
· Deferred compensation plan available with employer match up to $30/month.
Application Procedure: Application deadline is 4:00pm on Wednesday, March 15, 2023. Required application materials for this position include a complete and current NOLS application, a current resume, and a cover letter explaining why you are the best candidate for this position. File names must not include any hyphenation such as dashes or extra periods. Applications should be submitted by email to HR@nols.org. Applications are not complete unless all elements (cover letter, application, and resume) are submitted, and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Last updated: Sunday, February 26, 2023 15:14 UTC