Collection Assessment and Development Librarian – Tenure Track
We are looking for a collaborative innovator to join our growing team at SUNY Brockport, near Rochester, NY. We are inviting applications for a Collection Assessment and Development Librarian. Essential functions of this position include:
· Coordinate all aspects of the library’s book and media collections, physical and electronic. Lead collection management projects. Collaborate with library colleagues to develop and routinely update Drake Memorial Library’s collection development policy to adapt to the needs of changing programs. Coordinate the books and media budget allocations in collaboration with library liaisons. Collaborate with colleagues at other institutions on cooperative collection development projects.
· Lead data collection and analysis efforts to support decision making concerning the strategic acquisition, renewal, retention, and sharing of library resources. Coordinate collections-related reporting for multiple stakeholders.
· Ensure that library materials are discoverable to users by creating original cataloging records, updating existing metadata, and updating library holdings as needed. Perform complex queries in the library management system in order to make global catalog updates as needed.
· Contribute to the profession through library teams, campus committees, professional organizations, and research and scholarship.
· Collaborate with colleagues across the institution on digital projects, including the digitization of library material, development of metadata for institutional repositories, and advising on metadata schemas for digital projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
SUNY Brockport is currently accepting applications for a Tenure Track Collection Assessment and Development Librarian. Reporting to the Technical Services Librarian, the Collection Assessment and Development Librarian will play a lead role in assessing and enhancing the library’s collection to ensure that it meets the needs of new and evolving academic programs. The successful candidate will collect and analyze data related to use of our physical and electronic collections of all types. They will ensure that the library collections are accessible to patrons at Brockport and beyond by creating new catalog records, improving existing metadata, and ensuring that library holdings are kept up to date. The Collection Assessment and Development Librarian will collaborate with special collections staff on digitization projects and consult on metadata needs related to projects in the library and across campus. The successful candidate will also participate in the library’s liaison program and reference desk services.
This is a faculty position, eligible for promotion and tenure in accordance with policies and procedures of SUNY, SUNY Brockport, and Drake Memorial Library.
• MLS/MLIS or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution
• Knowledge of metadata standards such as MARC, Dublin Core, Bibframe, etc.
• Strong analytical skills including aptitude in managing spreadsheet data and creating meaningful visualizations.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
• Commitment to fostering an inclusive workplace environment and the ability to work with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Demonstrated success with project management.
• Experience using Alma, especially the cataloging and analytics functions.
• Experience creating original catalog records for library materials.
• Experience updating library holdings with OCLC.
• Knowledge of collection analysis methodologies and standards (such as COUNTER and SUSHI)
Salary and Benefits:
May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. First consideration will be given to applications received by Sunday, March 12.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College
How to apply
Published: Saturday, February 18, 2023 04:41 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, February 18, 2023 04:41 UTC