Date: JANUARY 2023
FULL TIME ADMINISTRATOR POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Digital Services Manager
LOCATION: Hybrid: Remote and onsite at the Walsh Library, Bronx, NY
The Digital Services Manager participates in the planning, development, implementation,
maintenance, and technical support of the University Library’s core digital initiatives with
primary focus on the library’s web presence, all associated web-based applications and back-end
Founded in 1841, Fordham University’s 90-acre Rose Hill campus sits on the site of the original
18ᵗʰ century Rose Hill Manor. Fordham University is an R2 (Doctoral University-Higher Research
Activity) Carnegie Classification institution in the Jesuit tradition. The University consists of
four Undergraduate and six Postgraduate schools on three campuses. The Fordham University Rose Hill
campus is easily accessible via bus, subway, Metro-North commuter rail and car. Parking is
available to faculty and staff on the Rose Hill campus.
Reporting to the Head of the Library’s Electronic Information Center, the Digital Services Manager
is responsible for coordinating the development of digital collections using the CONTENTdm software
platform and other tools and the Institutional Research Repository utilizing the Digital Commons
platform. The incumbent provides website customization and database development for the ILLIAD
interlibrary loan system, the ARES electronic reserve room, the SirsiDynix Symphony integrated
library system, the CONTENTdm digital collections platform, the Digital Commons research
repository, and other applications.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Collaboration with other library personnel to develop and maintain the library’s electronic
• Maintains the library’s web presence including website design, programming, database
development, technical support and troubleshooting.
• Works with stakeholders to determine the content and layout of the library website (page design,
overall navigation, and usability).
• Develops and customizes Access and SQL databases as needed.
• Configures and provides reporting from Google Analytics.
• Provides design, technical support and staff training for CONTENTdm based digital
• Works with faculty and staff throughout the University to encourage participation in the
“Digital Commons” research repository.
• Collaborates with the library’s systems engineer and video production manager to maintain the
Streaming Media and Video-On-Demand services.
• Provides training and support to library staff who contribute content to the library web
• Coordinates with the University office of Development and University Relations on the use of the
content management systems and University mandated design features.
• Expertise and hands on experience with web applications and programming languages including
• Strong grasp of security principles.
• Bachelorr’s degree in computer science or related field.
• Three years of website and database development experience preferred.
• Academic library experience preferred.
This is a non-tenure track academic administrator position
SALARY: $70,000. - $84,000 per year plus benefits.
HOURS: Nine to five weekdays with a hybrid option.
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER, RESUME TO: Michael Considine, Director, Electronic Information Center
Walsh Library firstname.lastname@example.org
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION
Last updated: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 00:30 UTC