Librarian II, Resource Sharing and Collection Development
The Resource Sharing and Collection Development Librarian (Librarian II) will join our Technical Services team, which connects the RPI community to scholarly resources that support research, teaching, and learning. The incumbent will be able to shape our collection through development duties and coordinate a robust resource-sharing system that utilizes ILLiad, RapidILL, IDS, ReShare, DOCLINE, and consortial collections.
Candidates are required to have a Master’s degree in library science, or equivalent, from an ALA-accredited library sciences program, along with two (2) years of relevant experience.
Though not required, candidates with experience in some or all of the following are especially welcome:
- Managing workflows and processes associated with interlibrary loan
- Using analytical tools and systems to perform collection development for academic resources
- Coordinating resource sharing in an academic library
- Using OCLC’s WMS Library Service Platform, ILLiad, RapidILL, ReShare, and DOCLINE.
- Providing instruction, and research and technology assistance to academic library users
To apply, follow the prompts at https://careers.rpi.edu/en-us/job/493757 to complete a brief online profile. Please be ready to upload your resume and cover letter. If you need help or have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome candidates who will bring diverse cultural, ethnic, national and international perspectives to Rensselaer’s work and campus communities. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Race/Gender/Veterans/Disability Employer.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 22:55 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 22:55 UTC