Team Lead for Core Technology and Applications
Team Lead for Core Technology and Applications
Requisition Number: 46090
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 21-Feb-2023
Date Posted: 08-Feb-2023
The University Libraries encourage applications for a Team Lead for Core Technology and Applications (CTA)! The Team Lead provides broad technical experience and strong project/people-management skills to lead a service oriented IT team that develops, supports, and extends CTA solutions for the Libraries.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
- We are a knowledge catalyst. We fuel inquiry, discovery, collaboration, creation, and the dissemination of knowledge. We welcome everyone, wherever they are on their educational journey.
- An information-empowered world.
Our values define our interactions within the Libraries and radiate outwardly. This means that we develop a culture that compassionately and authentically embodies our values in all aspects of our work.
We affirm diversity and inclusive excellence to be vitally integral to the Libraries’ mission and vision. We strive to model this in recruitment and retention, building collections, and offering services and spaces to develop a receptive social, intellectual, and physical environment for all. Learn more about our dedication to diversity and inclusivity. (https://www.colorado.edu/libraries/about/commitment-diversity-and-inclusive-excellence)
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Regularly communicate tech updates and new developments inside and outside the organization as appropriate. Establish effective and timely communication with Libraries faculty, staff, and departments regarding tech needs and problem resolution. Set/maintain high standard of communication for the Core Technology and Applications team. Seek partnership opportunities at the Libraries, campus, system, and national levels that create efficiencies, enable optimal use of resources, improve service to users, and enable the CTA team to focus its energies on specialized technology and core application needs unique to academic libraries and in support of research and learning. Liaise with the Office of Information Technology (OIT).
Supervise 5-7 full time staff. Develop performance plans, conduct staff evaluations, fill position vacancies, and provide staff professional development opportunities. Use strong leadership skills to plan and supervise the implementation of multiple concurrent projects, assign tasks, and allocate resources. Perform ongoing assessment of effective utilization of staff and ability to meet project requirements, making changes as needed. Champion a diverse and inclusive environment that supports the Libraries mission and values to Include, Empower, Connect, Learn, and Inspire, with emphasis on sustained action and cultural transformation
Develop and implement standard processes in IT asset management and other internal IT business processes such as data governance plans and technical documentation. Perform ongoing assessment of operations for efficiency improvements, making changes as needed. Develop and communicate policies and procedures to Libraries faculty and staff.
Leadership and Administration:
Advance the Libraries vision and mission through leadership that ensures library core technology and application services meet user needs. Direct strategy and policy for library technology programs. Assess risk to established systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Lead the work of collaborating staff, coordinate Libraries-wide work and programming, and facilitate organizational contributions of the program with visible leadership that promotes a culture of performance. Initiate and own the planning, implementation, and assessment of program services and activities in alignment with Library strategic directions. Other administrative and operational duties as assigned.
What You Should Know
- This position is in a hybrid work situation, working remotely and coming on campus as business needs require.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
- The salary range for this position is $100,600 - $113,200.
- Relocation assistance may be available within department guidelines.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be engaged. Be innovative. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- 2 years of experience in a combination of the following:
- IT project management including experience in leading or supervising IT staff.
- IT asset management, enterprise system and application implementation.
What You Will Need
- Knowledge of ITIL or ITSM principles.
- Experience managing, motivating, and leading teams with proven success in team building, mentoring, and creating positive, high-functioning work environments.
- Ability to advocate for, participate in, and cultivate environments that support diversity, respect, and inclusion.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Five years of experience that includes a combination of: IT management experience with increasing responsibility in a customer-focused technology service organization, AND experience in information system and technology implementation.
- Three years of experience within a post-secondary educational environment supporting academic or library-related technology.
- Experience developing and/or implementing open source technologies.
- Experience managing a team with hybrid work modalities.
- Experience implementing process and operational improvements to increase efficiency, effective use of resources, and quality of service.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by February 21, 2023 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
How to apply
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 18:57 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 18:57 UTC