- MLS from and ALA-accredited program or equivalent.
- Proven experience in managing digital collections and digitization activities, such as digital scanning, image editing, and/or managing format conversion.
- Demonstrated technical experience with current digitization technologies, standards, platforms, and products.
- Evidence of successful project management and the ability to organize, prioritize work, and manage time.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective working relationships with diverse colleagues, faculty, and students.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of metadata standards.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in digital technologies and the ability to effectively use current technologies, acquire new technological skills, and resolve problems in a resourceful and timely manner.
- Knowledge of copyright/fair use, intellectual property and privacy laws as they relate to print and digital materials.
- Ability to work with the Library Development Officer and the Library Grant Officer on fundraising activities.
For more information on the library and the position, go to the Library’s webpage-
New Mexico State University home page-
Benefits Offered: Group medical and hospital insurance, group life insurance, long-term disability insurance, state educational retirement, workers’ compensation, sick leave, annual leave, and unemployment compensation. Opportunity for educational advancement. For additional information, visit the NMSU Employee Benefits web page http://hr.nmsu.edu/benefits.
Nine month faculty- not eligible for annual and sick leave.
Special Conditions: All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by federal law, state law and NMSU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, January 17, 2013 13:49 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC