Electronic Resources Librarian
Stanford Medicine, Lane Medical Library — Stanford, California
0 other recent jobs
Salary: $98,000 to $115,000
Created: January 31, 2023
Stanford Medicine is seeking a collaborative, innovative, and resourceful Electronic Resources Librarian (Librarian 3) responsible for administration, access, maintenance, and troubleshooting support of the library’s electronic resources.
Reporting to the Director of Resource Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring seamless, uninterrupted and reliable access to the library’s electronic resources using technical and analytical problem-solving skills to resolve complex and sometimes ambiguous access issues.
- Lead team of librarians that troubleshoot issues related to electronic access to our purchased resources by identifying problems, determining solutions, and executing step-by-step troubleshooting procedure.
- Gather, collect, and curate reports using various tools, including visualization applications, to share usage metrics of various electronic resources including databases, electronic journals, and electronic collections.
- Create, initiate, and manipulate workflows used in various processes related to the lifecycle of acquiring and maintaining electronic resources.
- Participate as an active member of the Lane Collection Development Committee.
- Make recommendations for the upgrade of electronic and manual resource tools. Participate in the evaluation, modification, and development of software, online databases or digital resources.
- Maintain library information systems documentation for a department.
- Formulate policies and propose plans for programs or operations of a library unit. Implement and ensure policies and procedures for library units are followed.
- Collaborate with library faculty and staff to provide services to patrons.
- Assist patrons and staff with complex reference and research inquiries by searching shelves, files and electronic resources.
- Provide training to new and existing staff related to electronic resource management used in their workflows.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 21:33 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 21:33 UTC