LOUIS is seeking a programmer analyst to work on LOUIS’s Library Services Platform (LSP) team. The position reports to the Library Services Platform Administrator and works with the LSP team to develop and maintain custom software and scripts to support LOUIS’s 37 academic libraries and institutions that use LOUIS’s LSP. The LOUIS LSP is a portfolio of third-party cloud-hosted software, including SirsiDynix Symphony and related software, EBSCO Discovery Service, and Atlas ILLiad. The Programmer/Analyst will need to analyze and maintain legacy scripts, software, and integrations, while developing new services in response to changing requirements. They will assist the LSP team in responding to trouble tickets and provide training and documentation for library technology services to consortia staff and members. This is a temporary position projected to last two years. It is a partially remote work position with occasional travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, a related field, or five years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, modify, and create software and scripts.
- Experience working with Windows, Linux/Unix OS, command line environment, crontab.
- Experience working with APIs, web services.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
- Experience working with trouble-ticket software.
- Strong commitment to user experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information to a non-technical audience.
- Familiarity with library management, discovery, and access systems
IDEAL CANDIDATE/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- ALA accredited Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science.
- Experience working with libraries and library technology, particularly academic libraries.
- Experience working in higher education or government environment.
- Experience working with library specific metadata formats, such as MARC.
- Experience working with Perl programming language.
- Experience working with SirsiDynix Symphony API.
- Experience supporting or using the SirsiDynix Symphony ILS and EBSCO Discovery Service.
- Support of technology needs of multiple diverse clients using helpdesk software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential and other important duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited the following:
- Working with the LSP team to design, develop, and maintain the full range of LOUIS LSP services
- Support will include configuration, scripting, programming, managing legacy scripts and services, and identifying potential improvements.
- Working on hosted cloud environment.
- Developing alerting and monitoring services.
- Developing documentation and best practices for maintaining the LSP.
- Providing training and professional development for end users.
- Keeping current in relevant trends and technologies. Attending training and conferences as necessary.
- Responding to trouble tickets and service issues.
- Engaging with LSP team and others to improve and test user interfaces for usability and accessibility
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 21:33 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 21:33 UTC