This is a 12-month, full-time tenure-track academic appointment carrying full faculty status and responsibilities including scholarship and service to meet both the Libraries’ and the University’s requirements for tenure and promotion. To be successful in this position, the incumbent must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills to establish and maintain productive working relationships with colleagues in an environment where flexibility and collaboration are essential. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills to further and enhance metadata across the Libraries.
- Provide expertise on metadata schemas, technical details, and best practices for increasing access and discovery of collections
- Manage, train, and direct others in resource description and metadata management
- Participate in digital preservation activities
- Support inclusion, diversity, equity, and access as we seek to reduce institutional biases found in metadata work
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Create and maintain effective documentation on metadata and guidelines for application
- Ability to pursue activities and meet responsibilities necessary for achieving tenure at Kansas State University Libraries including research/creative activities and participation in professional development activities and professional organizations.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 21:32 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, February 1, 2023 21:32 UTC