DescriptionUnion Institute & University, a national university for adult students offering programs of study leading to bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees, is seeking an experienced individual for a Systems Librarian / Technologist vacancy at its Cincinnati headquarters. Primary responsibilities include administration, management, and configuration of library automation technologies including proxy server, EOS Library Management System, web link resolver tools, ILLIAD, and other electronic resources and utilities. This person will also share in the design and maintenance of the library website and will troubleshoot library software and network/server problems. S/he will work to bring new technologies to library staff and users and will provide training in same.
1. An ALA-accredited Masters in Library Science degree along with several years of post-degree work experience in library systems and automation technologies is strongly preferred although applicants with a computer science Bachelor's (or similar) degree along with the same work experience will also be considered;
2. Experience evaluating and selecting library hardware and software systems
4. Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills, and a commitment to the principles and practices of online pedagogy and information literacy;
5. Preference for working in a fully online academic library environment;
6. Familiarity with digital library applications and standards including open source, cataloging and metadata standards, etc.;
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
This is a full time position with benefits.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should send a cover letter, current resume, and a list of three professional references, to email@example.com.
Union Institute & University, established in 1964, is a private, non-profit university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC