Job Description Summary
The Bollinger Fellowship was specifically funded to provide the libraries the flexibility and capacity to explore the innovative uses of data for the improvement of services and the enrichment of our planning and organizational intelligence. The work is consonant with the Libraries provostial approved strategic plan and the plan's ambition to create exceptional service for Penn and expand the boundaries of learning in research library practices.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mine various data resources (system and database logs, database inputs, library business applications and staff-supplied datasets) for development of key management metrics and performance indicators and general business intelligence useful to planning and service design.
- Working with IA&OA staff and Library service owners, explore and develop options for creating and disseminating data dashboard, visualizations and reports based on MetriDoc data stores and services.
- Explore and instantiate new data sources and processes for incorporation into the MetriDoc service environment.
- Participate in the maintenance and development of the Libraries’ MetriDoc platform. Script data harvest and ingest processes; ensure effective system and data hygiene.
- On behalf of Library staff and organizational learning goals, assist with the presentation of data and support for data literacy through consultation, workshops and other staff learning events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position is eligible for hybrid schedule.
How to apply
Joe Zucca (email@example.com)
AUL for Impact Assessment & Organizational Analysis
Python Ruby on Rails Data visualization Information Technology Infrastructure Library Educational assessment Assessment Data mining Business Analyst Business intelligence decision support Data science
Published: Friday, January 20, 2023 19:40 UTC
Last updated: Friday, January 20, 2023 19:40 UTC