Systems and Discovery Librarian- Tenure Track
We are looking for a collaborative innovator to join our growing team at SUNY Brockport, near Rochester, NY. We are inviting applications for a Systems & Discovery Librarian. This position will support our students and staff through maintaining and improving our library’s technical infrastructure. This tenure track position allows scholarship to be demonstrated through a variety of approaches; publication is not necessarily required to achieve continuing appointment. Essential functions of this position include:
- Support, assess, and improve the integrated framework of library systems including Alma, ILLiad,
- EZproxy, DSpace, and Primo VE in order to enhance resource discovery. Ensure that library systems communicate with each other and meet the needs of students, faculty, and staff. Collect and analyze data to support improvements to library systems.
- Contribute to the profession through library teams, campus committees, professional organizations, and research and scholarship.
- Resolve technical problems associated with these systems and connections.
- Explore, test, recommend, and implement enhancements to the library’s information infrastructure with a focus on user experience and eliminating barriers to information access.
- Lead projects teams to implement new systems and services as needed. Deliver training and provide documentation related to library systems.
- Serve as a liaison between library staff and other organizations on campus (such as IT and Marketing & Communications) and in the wider library community (such as the IDS Project and the SUNY Office of Library and Information Services) regarding all aspects of the library’s digital infrastructure.
- Working with library and campus partners, provide oversight and management of the library’s website
- Other duties as assigned
SUNY Brockport is currently accepting applications for a Systems and Discovery Librarian. The person in this role plays the lead role in supporting, assessing, enhancing, and connecting the library systems that form the backbone of the library’s digital infrastructure. The successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues to improve the user experience of the library’s public facing systems, implement new systems and services, and enhance and improve internal library workflows. The successful candidate will also participate in the library’s liaison program and reference desk services.
This is a faculty position, eligible for promotion and tenure in accordance with policies and procedures of SUNY, SUNY Brockport, and Drake Memorial Library.
- MLS/MLIS or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution.
- Knowledge of the information standards used by library systems such as NCIP, OpenURL, LTI, MARC, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of systems and services.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to share expertise with colleagues, students, and others.
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive workplace environment and the ability to work with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends and best practices in managing library technologies.
- Demonstrated success with project management.
- Experience with Web Services and APIs.
- Ability to dig into complex documentation to solve problems and discover system features.
- Experience with library systems used at Drake Memorial Library, including Alma, Primo VE, Primo Analytics, ILLiad, EZproxy, or DSpace.
Salary and Benefits:
Minimum Starting Salary is $52,842. May be benefits eligible; more information at Careers@Brockport.
Visit jobs.hr.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. First consideration will be given to applications received by February 5, 2023.
New York State Executive Order:
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations via email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement:
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College’s commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 21:54 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 21:54 UTC