The Ohio State University Libraries is seeking a digital media specialist (DMS) to help support the ongoing preservation of the University Libraries’ digital media content. Reporting to the digital preservation librarian, the DMS will work to advance the objectives of the University Libraries’ Digital Preservation Ethos. This position works collaboratively to plan, implement, and streamline preservation and access strategies and processes to strengthen and expand our stewardship commitment to a range of digital content. They will have an initial focus on stewarding audiovisual and complex digital media materials, working in close collaboration with the Libraries’ Preservation and Digitization, Metadata Initiatives, Archival Technical Services and Distinctive Collections teams to ensure that digital media preservation and access needs are met. This position will:
- Coordinate the transfer of digital materials from donors and a variety of current and legacy media into digital preservation environments
- Collaborate in the development, implementation and optimization of digital preservation workflows
- Evaluate, recommend and implement the use of digital preservation tools and techniques.
- Perform technology, format and standards monitoring for digital preservation related tools, systems, and practices.
- Collaborate in the development, implementation and refinement of requirements for digitized and born-digital media within the University Libraries’ collections.
This is a full-time, staff position with a $49,800 to $66,400 salary band.
Please remember to include both a cover letter and resume.
How to apply
Dan Noonan, Digital Preservation Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 21:54 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 21:54 UTC