Princeton University Library seeks two curious and innovative Digital Scholarship Specialists (DSS) to support its growing digital scholarship program. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Digital & Open Scholarship, the DSS will collaborate closely with library colleagues within the Research Data & Open Scholarship department to train, support, and collaborate with Princeton researchers on emerging digital research and interactive scholarship.
The DSS will develop educational programming and consult on research that spans the full digital scholarship lifecycle. They will assess different tools and methods for projects, develop sustainable project plans, and identify and partner with experts across the library and university. The DSS will engage actively with the digital scholarship field, exploring and evaluating technologies and workflows that facilitate new ways to analyze, present, and teach digital research.
PUL is one of the world's leading research libraries. It employs a dedicated and knowledgeable staff of more than 300 professional and support staff working in a large central library, 9 specialized branches, and 3 storage facilities. The Library supports a diverse community of 5,200 undergraduates, 2,700 graduate students, 1,200 faculty members, and many visiting scholars. Its holdings include more than 7 million printed volumes, 5 million manuscripts, 2 million non-print items, and extensive collections of digital text, data, and images. Further information: http://library.princeton.edu
- Designs and hosts programming and modules to raise awareness of and build skill sets in digital scholarship tools and methods
- Provides values-based consulting and project planning on individual digital scholarship projects
- Collaborates with researchers on digital scholarship projects that leverage supported digital scholarship applications and/or library collections
- Partners with library and university stakeholders to identify and develop related resources and programming
- Supervises and mentors students to support digital literacy and project development skills
- Stays up-to-date regarding digital scholarship skill sets, technology trends, and emerging tools
- Identifies and integrates new digital scholarship technologies as possible additions to library services and expertise
- Documents learning objectives, projects, and consultations for service assessment and development
- Contributes to library committees and initiatives in support of library organizational effectiveness and digital and open scholarship initiatives
- Contributes actively to the digital scholarship field through participation in committees, conferences, workshops, and/or publications
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within the fields of digital scholarship, digital humanities, informational technology, interactive journalism, or other fields that leverage digital technologies to create and share digital narratives and research
- Demonstrated experience developing scaffolded educational and training experiences that accommodate a spectrum of audience experience levels and skill sets
- Demonstrated experience using and thinking critically about digital technologies to create and share research
- Openness and ability to learn new technologies and stay up to date regarding digital scholarship trends
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Princeton University Library is committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and advancing the University's commitment to racial equity within our community and in the world. We encourage candidates from all diverse backgrounds and life experiences to apply for our positions. To find out more about PUL's work towards greater inclusivity, equity, and diversity, please see PUL's “About” page.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/EONX6dCWjxxp6U1JrC6Orj
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 21:54 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 21:54 UTC