Job Summary/Basic Function
The James E. Walker Library at Middle Tennessee State University invites applicants for a 12-month, full-time, tenure-track faculty position (#401070) at the rank of assistant or associate professor as the Systems and Analytics Librarian in the Collection Development and Management Department.
The librarian leads a unit responsible for the implementation, maintenance, repair, upgrades, and support of the James E. Walker Library’s library systems and servers. Through leadership, support, project management, and workflow analysis, the librarian works collaboratively to advance the library’s resources and services to the MTSU community and beyond.
Full job description and application are available at this link: https://careers.mtsu.edu/en-us/job/497241/systems-and-analytics-librarian-james-e-walker-library-tenuretrack-faculty. To successfully apply, applicants must submit the following three documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement
Review of applications will begin February 13 and continue until position is filled.
Master’s in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution
• Experience in a library technology position
• Management of full-time staff and operations
• Experience with Library Management Systems
• Experience with Web Services and APIs
• Working knowledge of one or more programming languages (e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, Bash, etc.)
• Knowledge of metadata standards and MARC records
• Experience with version control systems such as git
• Experience with XML/XSLT and JSON
• Experience with SQL and MySQL
• Experience with Linux
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 21:54 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 21:54 UTC