DescriptionJob No.: 493447
Department: ABC Resources
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
On-site Secure Car Park and On-site Gym
$51,210 - $55,857 p.a. + Generous Super
- Assist with reference and research services to clients on Archives collections, databases and other resources.
- Research and retrieve content for ABC productions and clients from internal and external sources. Arrange for the collection and ingest of material.
Assist with the selection, retention and movement of archived content:
- - Audition, assess and catalogue content for News, Program, Sales and Archival purposes.
- - Undertake minor edits and compilations of clips for stock shot and compilation purposes.
- - Co-ordinate the movement of material from the digital production systems to the archive system.
- - Select, deselect and arrange for material movement for digitisation projects.
- Catalogue items into Content Services and Digital Production systems according to Archives & Library guidelines.
- Carry out administration duties to support the manager and department in the use of collections, catalogues and services.
- Actively promote the ABC values and apply all relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
- Tertiary qualifications in library/information management or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated skills and/or ability in research and cataloguing; familiarity with a wide range of resources and database searching.
- Demonstrated experience working with library systems and in cataloguing a range of library materials including digital clips
- Experience or ability to undertake a range of collection maintenance activities in a special library environment.
- Good communication and organisational skills with strong customer focus.
- An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria. For more information on how to apply visit Application Tips
For further information contact Wendy Lim on (08) 8343 4235
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer.
The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position
11 Jan 2013 Cen. Australia Standard Time
27 Jan 2013 11:55pm Cen. Australia Standard Time
Published: Monday, January 14, 2013 01:05 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC