Data and Database Specialist
The Data and Database Specialists position is in the department of Collections Information Access, and supports internal data driven projects by designing and implementing database procedures. It also supports the publication of collections descriptions to the Web. The Yale Center for British Art is an early adopter of innovative data and images techniques and the museum's online collections catalog is the point of access to all of the museums' collections. The position holder assists with the ongoing use and maintenance of the museum's art collections management database, including database training and troubleshooting for staff and students.
The Collections Data and Database Specialist will:
1. Participate in the planning and implementation of data related activities necessary to the online publication of collections object records.
2. Use SQL to assist in data management needs and bulk changes in the database.
3. Manage the museum's day-to-day collection database training and troubleshooting needs.
4. Use available software to create collections description and traffic reports to support the museum's various functions.
5. Participate in regular cross-departmental working group meetings to address collections data issues and improve the online collections catalog.
6. Assist with project management of data and online collections catalog work.
7. Collaborate with YCBA IT Department with database upgrades and troubleshooting.
8. Closely work with YCBA IT Department to acquire institutional knowledge of the technical infrastructure supporting collections description and digitization activities.
9. Complete other tasks as appropriate.
Required Education and Experience:\
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or the equivalent combination of experience & education. 2 years’ professional experience or internship
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Advanced knowledge in database management, particularly relational databases (MicrosoftSQL and SQL based tools). Mastery of SQL. Experience with reporting tools, such as CrystalReports, SSRS, and Google Analytics.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.Ability to build strong relationships with internal clients, and effectively resolve problems.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate creative resolutions to multipleconstituents within the museum, including when interacting with non-technical audiences.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Experience with data transformation, reconciliation, and enrichment. Working knowledge of artmuseum descriptive standards and structured data.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Excellent project management and organizational skills. Ability to take on and prioritize multipleprojects simultaneously.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, December 14, 2022 22:55 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, December 14, 2022 22:55 UTC