Scholarly Communications and Metrics Librarian
(Please see the link on the side for the full posting. This is a two-year contract position.)
York University Libraries is seeking a two-year contractually-limited appointment (CLA) for a Scholarly Communications and Metrics Literacy Librarian to support library and institutional priorities around increasing research participation, maximizing the impact and diversity of York’s scholarly outputs, and supporting the research visibility needs of scholars at York University. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for co-developing, advancing, and supporting a range of services around scholarly communications, research impact, and metrics literacy. Working in coordination with colleagues in the departments of Open Scholarship and Digital Scholarship Infrastructure, the candidate will support programs designed to monitor York’s publications and attribution record in bibliometric data sources; coordinate disambiguation and publication profiling efforts at the university; provide guidance on the responsible use of metrics; and support individual researcher needs around research impact reporting. The candidate will also support research data management programs at York, in partnership with data librarians and scholarly communications librarians.
Projects and responsibilities
• Collaboratively develop and support curricular and co-curricular programming in the areas of scholarly communications, research data management (RDM), metrics literacy and research visibility while serving as a library contact for support in these areas.
• Provide consultation services and support colleagues on the use of research metrics, including guidance around citation analysis, disciplinary considerations for research impact assessment, the use of various databases to extract bibliometric and altmetric data, and the use of researcher identification and profiling tools.
• Support research data management programs and policies by leveraging RDM tools and workflows; collaborate with data librarians on providing holistic support for RDM services with a focus on data management planning and data deposit.
• Support a range of scholarly communications activities and programs in priority areas determined by the Libraries’ strategic priorities, informed in part by the Open Access and Open Data Steering Committee.
• Support library projects designed to track and enhance the visibility of York University research related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
• Support university-wide researcher profiling initiatives, including York’s ORCID integration campaign and the electronic CV initiative.
• Liaise with bibliometric and profiling database vendors to address technical issues with software or platforms and coordinate necessary technical support for researchers.
• Undertake reference/teaching/cluster support and disciplinary responsibilities, which will be assigned considering institutional priorities or the incumbent's disciplinary knowledge and research interests.
Published: Tuesday, December 13, 2022 19:30 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, December 13, 2022 19:30 UTC