Library Services Engineer
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases - all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 2,700 people worldwide, most now working hybrid or remotely. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and outstanding team. EIS is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. Our mission is to transform lives by providing relevant and reliable information when, where, and how people need it. We are looking for bright and creative individuals whose unique differences will allow us to achieve this inclusive mission around the world.
The Library Services Engineers (LSE a.k.a. Sales Engineer) are dedicated to increasing sales and adoption of EBSCO technology enabled products internationally through field sales engineering, customer satisfaction driven creative technical solutions, delivering customer input directly into the software development lifecycle, and technology partnership management. The LSE is the primary technical advisor and product advocate for the regional Sales team and most important customers, responsible for UI customizations and extensions, API integration, and small app development.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in a library technology role. The LSE must be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer and product base as well as working in the sales process. They must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails and RFIs/RFPs. They are organized, analytical, and able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive technical approaches.
The individual in this position can work remotely in the United States, but should be able to travel frequently to the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the USA and all of Canada.
- Regional authoritative expert on technology aspects of EBSCO’s Software as a Service (SaaS) platform functionality, competition, and trends.
- Conduct pre-sales presentations (to small and large audiences) and clear written responses to Requests for Proposal (RFP) or related inquiries.
- Create and manage demos, prototypes, and documentation (e.g. app instructions, regular status updates to management).
- Establish strong relationships with Sales & Customer Support teams and customer staff; supporting the evaluation/trial process, post-sale support to specific accounts, troubleshooting, and resolving customer specific advanced technical issues.
- Contribute to the app development process with varying levels of: customer requirements definition, coding, testing, documentation, and management.
- Collect feedback from the field, synthesize, analyze and channel to Product Management.
How to apply
Published: Friday, December 2, 2022 17:25 UTC
Last updated: Friday, December 2, 2022 17:25 UTC