DescriptionAdministers one or more aspects of Library operations and coordinates Library services.
- Assists faculty, students, and librarians to evaluate their needs and locate appropriate materials on a timely basis
- Participates in developing collections and acquiring materials in all formats and media
- Reviews Library usage patterns and makes recommendations regarding services; plans and conducts training and outreach activities
- Assists in developing and monitoring Library policies and user service standards
- May oversee a Library unit such as Circulation, Cataloguing, User Services, Reserve, Stack Maintenance, Reference, and Acquisitions
- Supervises and/or trains staff, students, and others assigned to the Library
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Reporting to the Archivist, the Multi-Media Assistant Archivist will support the Archivist in the
management of all digital and non-digital multi-media materials within the various collections. Assistant Archivist would assist the Archivist with the oversight of public digital multi-media delivery platforms (i.e.,YouTube and Flickr) for the placement and management of digital multi-media materials. May be called upon, on occasion, to assist Archives' staff in conducting collection inventories in remote storage facility.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required; MLS degree or Master's in a related field may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
The successful candidate will have excellent related experience; attention to detail; ability to follow written procedures; ability to work in a collaborative environment; and excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills as well as a willingness to become knowledgeable in New York City history. Candidates must be sufficiently skilled in digital media projects (i.e., migration of analog audio and video to digital; digital video and audio editing and compression) to enable them to take on the completion of such projects and to assist the Archivist in training staff members.
$42,873 - $81,645
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted on-line as follows:
1. Log in to CUNY Portal at www.cuny.edu
2. Navigate to Careers at CUNY located on the left sidebar
3. Search by Job Opening ID number
4. Click on the Apply Now button
Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click on the appropriate link to register. Please attach a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references as on document in rtf, doc or pdf format.
February 1, 2013
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our plura
How to apply
Published: Thursday, January 10, 2013 22:02 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC