PC Tech 1
PC Technician Regional Libraries
Tennessee Department of State
Tennessee State Library and Archives
POSITION LOCATION: Clinton, TN
Mission: The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.
Supervisor: Assistant Director of Information Technology
Summary: An employee in this classification performs information systems technical support work as required for the public libraries in the regional library systems. The employee will be assigned to work in a specific regional library and with specific public libraries in Tennessee. The employee will be expected to attend meetings and training programs at the State Library and Archives in Nashville or in other areas of the state.
- Assist public libraries with system and software updates and computer maintenance and software licensing.
- Assist Network Services Consultants with large project implementations which may include assisting with paperwork, unpacking, and setting up equipment, installing software, imaging hard drives, and training public library staff.
- Assist with automated library systems.
- Perform as coordinator for assigned region on Information Systems Plan.
- Perform as coordinator with SOS Information Technology and Fiscal Office for surplus state property.
- Interact effectively with public library personnel.
- Provide technical training on a wide variety of subjects in one-on-one training or group setting or webinar.
- Assist assigned regional library as scheduled with non-Information Technology duties.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the Secretary of State’s IT Call Center/Helpdesk.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Education equivalent to graduation from an accredited two-year college with an associate degree in information systems, computer science or another related field.
- Experience and education in the following areas may substitute for the required degree on a year for year basis: (1) one year experience in a public or regional library (required), and/or (2) diagnostic software/hardware technical support, and/or (3) hardware installation of computers and peripherals.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Experience in a library setting is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (2016 and later), library circulation/management systems, Symantec anti-virus software, security software such as Clean Slate, Microsoft Windows.
- Proven ability to teach and train adults.
- Ability to provide basic troubleshooting over the phone.
- Ability to demonstrate basic understanding of ethernet and wireless networking.
- An employee in this classification must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills capable of working well with public librarians and state staff.
- Ability to work unsupervised in a conscientious manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a mobile work environment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be willing and able to travel independently throughout the state, including overnight travel.
- Ability to handle boxes and equipment weighing a minimum of forty (40) pounds.
- Requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, and speaking.
Health, safety, and collections security
- Assist the organization in creating a safe and healthy working environment by working safely with the equipment provided.
- Follow instructions given for health and safety purposes and immediately report any unsafe working practices or hazardous working conditions.
- Take whatever measures are necessary to protect materials, property, and/or the collections from loss, mutilation, or theft.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and the State of Tennessee benefits package.
To apply: Please email your letter of interest and resume to the Division of Human Resources & Organizational Development, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Please email your letter of interest and resume to the Division of Human Resources & Organizational Development, email@example.com.
Published: Thursday, October 27, 2022 03:30 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, October 27, 2022 03:30 UTC