Emerging Technologies Librarian
We’re hiring an Emerging Technologies Librarian at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Want to work with XR, 3D printing, and IOT in Libraries? This is your chance. The Emerging Technologies Librarian will provide instruction and outreach for emerging and existing technologies in the UAB Libraries and contribute to team-based technology-focused ideation activities in the libraries new Emerging Technology and System Development Department. New and soon-to-be graduates ALA-accredited library and information masters programs are encouraged to consider this opportunity. If you enjoy using technology to solve problems and value a user-centered approach to providing information services, we encourage you to learn more about the position and apply.
To review the full position description and apply visit: https://uab.peopleadmin.com/postings/16954
About the University of Alabama at Birmingham
For more information on living and working in Birmingham, Alabama visit the Jefferson County Website or the Birmingham Business Alliance.
Why Relocate to Birmingham, Alabama?
Work for a Public R1, Be a Part of Something Positive:
- UAB, one of the top public R1 universities in Alabama, was recently named "America's Best Large Employer" by Forbes Magazine.
- UAB has won several awards for diversity, and in 2019 was voted among the best colleges for LGBTQ students.
- There is still plenty of work to be done, though. Join UAB as we work on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), and join UAB Libraries as we work to preserve the historical and cultural heritage of Birmingham and UAB.
Opportunities To Grow Your Career:
- UAB Libraries aims to be a Learning Organization, where mistakes are seen as opportunities for growth.
- In this position, you will develop new skills in librarianship, instruction, and emerging areas such as the metaverse.
- We know that you may not be at UAB forever, and we want to prepare you for the next destination on your career path.
- With UAB's Educational Assistance program, you can earn another master's degree or PhD while you are here without paying tuition. The university also offers tuition discounts for dependent children of eligible employees.
Work-Life Balance, Life in a Small City:
- Birmingham has been attracting startups and technology firms in recent years because of our beautiful climate and relatively low cost of living. See information about The Switch distcrict to learn about opportunites for entrepreneurs in the city.
- We have all the cultural and entertainment options that you would expect from a large city, but without the sprawl.
- In the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Birmingham is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.
Interested in UAB or Birmingham but not sure if the Emerging Technologies Librarian is the right position for you? Check our employment page for other opportunities.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, October 27, 2022 03:30 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, October 27, 2022 03:30 UTC