Head of Technical Services
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Lehman College, City University of New York’s public senior college in the Bronx, is located on a 37-acre, tree-lined campus 40 minutes by direct subway from midtown Manhattan. The College is a force for social justice and vital contributor to the new Bronx renaissance. In 2022, Degree Choices ranked Lehman College as the number one Hispanic-serving institution in the country.
Leonard Lief Library seeks a dynamic, creative, and experienced individual to provide strategic direction and oversight of the Technical Services Unit. The Head of Technical Services is responsible for managing database licensing, resource allocation, acquisitions, cataloging, and materials processing.
The successful individual will:
· Steward the annual resource budget, arrange for database licenses, handle vendor relations, working closely with Lehman’s Finance, Accounts Payable, and Procurement Offices
· Recommend and implement best practices to ensure functionality and interoperability of CUNY Libraries’ Alma-Primo discovery environment to enhance cataloging and acquisitions
· Develop policies and procedures for resource description expertise and participate in CUNY-wide library initiatives and projects with a resource description emphasis
· In collaboration with the Electronic Resources Librarian, oversee licensing of additional electronic content (eJournals and eBooks), standing orders, and monographs – with related cataloging and processing
· Keep current with developments in the resource management arena, develop workflows and policies, and integrate new technologies to streamline efficient processing
· Supervise three support staff members who provide resource description for purchased and donated materials including monographs (print and electronic), serials, and electronic databases
· Provide reference and instruction services, as well as collection development responsibilities.
Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution. Second Master’s required for appointment to Assistant Professor. Candidate should possess: superlative financial and data management acumen; knowledge of original and copy cataloging (OCLC, MARC, RDA); familiarity with online metadata and the Alma-Primo environment; as well as interest and expertise in adapting emerging technologies. Excellent communication and supervisory skills, as well as comfort dealing with diverse constituencies.
Salary Range: $93,134 – $110,641
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication, including research reassignment leave as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select “Apply Now” and provide the requested information:
Candidates should submit a cover letter, CV-resume, and names and contact information of three professional references.
Review of applications will begin December 1, 2022.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. Lehman College/CUNY is an EEO/AA/ADA/IRCA Employer.
How to apply
Published: Saturday, October 15, 2022 02:10 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, October 15, 2022 02:10 UTC