ORCID is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional for the position of Engagement Lead. If you like the flexibility of a remote organization and the public-service orientation of a non-profit, join us on our mission to connect research and researchers!
Who We Are
ORCID is a mission-driven, member-supported, community-governed non-profit organization. Our vision is a world where all who participate in research, scholarship, and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions across disciplines, borders, and time. Every one of ORCID’s employees is committed to that vision as well.
We believe in and operate by our three values [read our Dignity at Work statement]. ORCID strives to be:
- Inclusive: We make decisions collaboratively, involving our staff, Board, those who support our mission, and the researchers and community that are the purpose of our work. We take a global view.
- Trusted: Privacy and researcher control underscores everything we do.
- Open: Our work is open, transparent, and non-proprietary.
Where We’re Located
As a fully-remote organization serving researchers everywhere, ORCID is able to hire talented individuals all over the globe, and we aim to have our people located in the communities that we serve. For this role, we are particularly seeking candidates based in timezones between GMT-5 and GMT+2.
We currently employ staff in the following regions (but welcome applicants from all locations, even if not listed here):
- Costa Rica
- South Africa
ORCID is seeking an Engagement Lead, specifically focused on increasing ORCID membership, adoption and collaboration with Vendors, Service Providers and Publishers serving academic libraries, research institutions and funders. If you like to foster teamwork and genuine collaboration, are self-motivated, organized, dedicated, and enjoy the mission-driven environment of a fast-paced maturing non-profit organization, this could be the job for you.
The position will be part of the group in our Engagement team that focuses on working with our direct members around the world, and reports to the Engagement Manager – Global Direct. The successful candidate will combine experience in consultative business development or account management with a broad understanding of the scholarly communications/library product and services landscape, including product and service categories and core product features, capabilities and workflows.s.
- Assist in defining, and execute on the Direct Member strategy: Together with your group’s manager, define your designated stakeholder strategy, and execute on the strategy to ensure goals are achieved in line with ORCID’s overall strategic expectations.
- New 'Enabler' development: Develop relationships and improve integrations with relevant stakeholders that enable effective ORCID adoption within the global community, specifically Vendors, Service Providers and Publishers serving academic libraries, research institutions and funders. Collaborate with Engagement colleagues where needed.
- New member development: Develop and close new member opportunities. Grow integrations in numbers and diversity (variation of sector and type of integration to increase data variety). Collaborate with Engagement colleagues where needed.
- Lead ORCID's CSP program adoption: Drive adoption of our Certified Service Provider program by the Enabler stakeholders, in order to ensure ORCID's best practices are included in vendor systems to help drive value for our user and member communities
- Foster and manage relationships with members to ensure renewals: Focusing on member needs, integration development, and overall value to members to ensure ORCID’s renewal objectives are met. This is an opportunity to play a vital part in ORCID’s continued sustainability.
- Member support: In partnership with ORCID’s Support Team, coordinate and execute on member support requests to ensure member satisfaction and value.
- “One ORCID team”: Within Engagement and throughout ORCID; cooperate with and inform your fellow colleagues to foster transparency and collaboration, and ensure the best outcome for ORCID.
- Events strategy and outreach: Assist in defining event strategy, and execute on outreach initiatives. Collaborate with the various ORCID teams where needed. Participate in events where relevant.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3+ years working in a consultative business development, account management or externally facing product-related role
- 2+ plus years working with the Scholarly Community, and ideally with Open Research
- Experience setting, coordinating and achieving strategic goals with external partners
- Experience working and engaging in global, multicultural, and virtual team environments
- Strong communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of sales tools (e.g. Salesforce, Insights tools)
- Ability to handle multiple projects and balance competing priorities
- Fluency in English and one additional language preferred
- Ability to travel based upon business needs (less than 25%)
To Apply: Please apply through the link indicated, including a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please tell us what your favorite game is (could be parlor/board, computer, other) and why. A written exercise, Zoom interviews and a presentation task will be assigned later in the process to candidates who move forward. ORCID makes every effort to blind submissions and review exercise answers without bias. ORCID encourages applicants who meet some, but not all of the requirements and qualifications, to apply.
ORCID staff are curious and collaborative, and we strive to maintain a culture of learning. We offer programs like individually-focused professional development planning, monthly “Food for Thought” learning sessions on a wide variety of topics, and access to a digital learning platform, Udemy for Business. We are flexible and family-friendly, allowing staff to shift their schedules as needed, flex their time across the calendar month, and take an hour-long paid break each day (not to mention OFF– see the benefits we provide below).
As an organization, we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We hold bi-annual forums, open to all staff, where our DEI plans and needs are discussed and amplified. As a fully remote organization, we also have an active committee dedicated to making our individual remote experiences as positive and productive as possible. Read more about our culture here.
Although we are geographically diverse, we are a small, cohesive community dedicated to our mission and to each other
A family-friendly, flexible working environment, including:
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work fully from home (when not traveling)
- A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization
- Competitive compensation & benefits, plus OFF: an ORCID-wide day off on the first Friday of each month
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities for training & professional development
- Tools to support our virtual office environment, including a budget to choose your preferred laptop and a remote working stipend.
ORCID’s compensation strategy considers an applicant’s skills and experience, geographic location, as well as internal equity when assessing salary. Because we are remote and hire all over the globe, our salary ranges will vary by location for any given role. Broadly, our range for this role will be $50 - $90k USD annually, and a final offer will take the factors listed above into account.
Published: Saturday, October 15, 2022 02:10 UTC
Last updated: Saturday, October 15, 2022 02:10 UTC