Software Configuration Specialist - Digital Archiving
Digital Archiving Success Manager
Software Configuration Specialist - Digital Archiving
Preservica - Boston US/Remote US
Lead the way in pre-configuring our software for the needs of different industries
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference at a high growth global software business that has seen a 400% scale-up in users over the last 6 months?
You might currently be in a related digital archiving, software support, pre-sales, customer success, product management, product marketing or training role ready to step up. We need you to work closely with our customers to configure our software for different industries.
Preservica is transforming the way organizations around the world future-proof and protect critical long-term digital content. Our market leading SaaS Active Digital Preservation archiving software is trusted by 1,000s of government, academic and corporate institutions including 25 US State archives, LA County, HSBC, Bacardi, Unilever, New York Public Library and Yale University.
As a Software Configuration Specialist you will work closely with our customers, prospects and internal teams to gain a detailed understanding of the day-to-day customer tasks and how Preservica’s software transforms (or could transform) the way they work.
And then work hands-on with Preservica’s software to take your detailed insight and turn it into a set of standard, out-of-the-box templates and product configurations that will benefit every user across an industry or sector e.g. Preservica for US Government.
Working as part of a dynamic cross-functional team (with colleagues from marketing, sales, pre-sales, product, engineering and customer success) your insights and skills will be vital to helping the team create product experiences that deliver grounded, real-world value for different user communities - a fundamental part of our Product Led Growth (PLG) strategy.
- Work closely with customers, prospects and internal teams across different sectors to gain a detailed understanding of the day-to-day tasks customers need to achieve and how Preservica’s software transforms (or could transform) the way they work.
- Work hands-on with Preservica’s software to take detailed insights and turn it into a set of standard, out-of-the-box templates and product configurations that will benefit every user across a given industry or sector
- Understand and explore detailed ways in which the standard Preservica product could be pre-configured and templated to transform the way customers work e.g.
- industry specific onboarding sequences
- optimized ingest and accessioning workflows
- pre-defined templates for typical archival structures and metadata
- pre-defined retention and digital preservation policies
- default roles and permissions
- pre-configured dashboards and reports
- facets & filters for public portals
- combining workflows using scripts
- linking to AI/ML services for redaction or PII
- industry specific in-product tutorials
- Work with users to acquire real-world digital asset examples
- Add scripts or use APIs to streamline workflows
- Document and feedback novel product requirements to the product and engineering team
- Support go-to-market working with the design team to create short demo videos that show how the pre-configured product transforms the way customers work
Knowledge & Experience
- 2-3 years in a technical hands-on archiving, software & customer facing role
- Proven ability to work hands-on with application software at administrator level
- Previous hands-on experience with digital archiving or preservation solutions
- Proven experience creating custom configurations using existing product workflow tools, scripts and APIs
- Proficiency in any scripting languages for example Python, Bash or similar
- General understanding of REST, API’s, SDK’s etc.
- Familiarity with Dublin Core, MODS, METS, PREMIS and other metadata standards
- Experience with XML
- Experience working with US Government users a distinct advantage
- Experience of Microsoft 365 retention and compliance an advantage
- Love working with and using application software at administrator level
- Enjoy contacting and working with customers and colleagues
- High levels of hands-on, technical and product aptitude
- Very comfortable configuring products, building workflows, creating templates
- A desire to make a wider impact
- Creative but with high attention to quality and detail
- Able to communicate value of work and benefits for users
- Takes initiative
- Pragmatic, driven and gets things done
Location & Reporting
Either office-based in Boston working remotely in the US and reporting to the Vice President, Marketing Strategy, this position includes travel to conferences, events and customers’ premises. Some International travel might be required.
What We Offer
As well as a competitive salary, performance bonus, benefits package and share options, we also offer great future prospects in a fast-growing market sector. With our drive to expand there is great opportunity for you to advance. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to maintaining high technical standards and ensuring our people have the access to the best learning and development.
Published: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 21:36 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 21:36 UTC