Position Title: Research Services and Scholarly Engagement (RSSE) Coordinator
Position Type: Staff
Job Classification: non-exempt
Location: Villanova, PA
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: full-time/12-months
Department: 288-Falvey Library
Research Services and Scholarly Engagement (RSSE) Coordinator contributes to the daily operations and functions of the Research Services and Scholarly Engagement Department including the Digital Scholarship Lab, research support and instruction, scholarly communication and outreach, and collection development. This position is responsible for compiling and organizing selected metrics, creating reports on demand, maintaining departmental records, scheduling distributed services, supporting collaborative projects, and providing other administrative support.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises daily opening and closing of Digital Scholarship Lab; coordinates scheduling and contributes to the staffing of the lab; assists Digital Scholarship Librarian in managing lab use and maintenance of lab equipment inventories; ensures working order and cleanliness of Digital Scholarship Lab, Infolit instruction room, and shared departmental spaces and equipment.
- Provides administrative support for the department; schedules general research support rotation; maintains Infolit calendar and posts calendar on a weekly basis; manages records and distributes meeting minutes; maintains departmental documentation, and pulls documents and data as needed; reviews selected departmental web content including the annual review of resource lists; orders, receives, and distributes supplies; gathers and shares information about professional development opportunities; manages registration activities, such as for workshops or webinars, and scheduling course-related film screening in Infolit instruction room; supervises student workers and interns as needed, including hiring, training, and scheduling.
- Oversees data management and compilation of selected metrics for department; regularly compiles and organizes data and metrics in the areas of research support, Infolit instruction, digital scholarship, and scholarly communication in collaboration with Library metrics and assessment staff; contributes to the gathering and visualization of metrics and data for the annual report; creates and distributes library materials and collection reports; collates data and develops collection visualizations; organizes data for annual review of lost and missing books; assists with collection review, including creating customized collection reports, and assessment projects as needed.
- Coordinates department’s established process for new resource description and marketing; collaborates on the organization and marketing of events, including annual speaker series and other workshops in collaboration with Communications and Marketing staff; liaises with other areas as needed regarding departmental events and workshops; assists with the Open Journals System project, the identification and marketing of Affordable Materials Project, and other open educational resources and scholarly communication initiatives.
- Contributes to programs, goals and strategic initiatives of Research Services & Scholarly Engagement, Falvey Memorial Library, Villanova University, and professional organizations as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated interest and enthusiasm for developing and maintaining relationships with diverse user communities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to handle high volume of activity with a high degree of accuracy.
- Meets organizational competencies identified by the library.
- Demonstrated proficiency with email systems, Internet web browsers, and desktop office applications, including Microsoft Office products.
- Computer proficiency with PC software applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel), integrated library systems, and content management systems.
- 1+ years of progressively responsible relevant experience.
- Knowledge of basic Web editing .
- Knowledge of electronic resource management utilities and automated library software.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Prolonged sitting, standing and walking for up to 4 hours at a time, frequent bending and lifting, able to lift up to 40 lbs of library materials while moving/walking, pushing and pulling a book truck (4 wheels) of library materials weighing between 50 and 100 lbs., ability to climb several flights of stairs on an occasional basis.
- The Library is staffed 90+ hours a week. The Resource Services and Scholarly Engagement (RSSE) Coordinator may be required to work evenings, weekends and/or holidays on a regular or interim basis. Work schedules may vary during semester and summer sessions based on library hours of operation.
Last updated: Wednesday, October 5, 2022 15:42 UTC