School of Art, Lab Manager
School of Art, Lab Manager - (STA010900)
Manages the day-to-day operations of a small or medium-sized university program or department. May supervise staff employees, student workers, programs or processes.
· Plans and develops procedures for administering a small or medium-sized department or program.
· Oversees program expenditures and ensures adherence to budget.
· Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
· May prepare or participate in the creation of abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation.
· Reviews reports of budgets and activities. Prepares ad hoc reports as needed.
· May administer grants and grant-related related communications, scholarships and other operations.
· Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
· May serve as property custodian for the department.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
School of Art seeks an administrator of the Arts Lab, a digital fabrication lab that fosters student success through a robust production and learning environment. The administrator works directly with the Director of the lab, who provides vision and direction for the Center, to ensure a successful student support environment and continuity of services.
· Maintain equipment to provide continuous access for students and faculty
· Train and manage a staff of student employees
· Maintain lab webpages and related documentation resources.
· Assists students in the use of printing and fabrication equipment including a variety of printers (3D, large format, sublimation, and Risograph); a laser cutter; book binding machines; VR headsets; XY cutter, Apple computers and high-resolution scanners
· Maintain print management software that tracks student payment accounts
· Maintain and order specialty supplies for all equipment including printer ink, printer paper, substrates for 3D printers
· Facilitate solutions to student’s technical challenges
· Facilitate the realization of student art and design projects
· Work collaboratively with and foster clear communication with faculty
· Recommend equipment purchases and overall lab improvements
· Collaborate with the McGovern College Director of Information Technology to maintain equipment and software
· Collaborate with the Director of the lab to determine and achieve shared priorities for the lab
· Bachelors and No experience
· Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: No experience required.
· The ability to prioritize work, manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, interact effectively and courteously with people at all levels of the organization, and balance empathy with accountability in supervising employees
· Ability to think conceptually
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino, VR software, or other creative software.
· Experience with production and fabrication of art and design objects
· Experience managing/maintaining art studio spaces
How to apply
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Wednesday, October 5, 2022 15:42 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, October 5, 2022 15:42 UTC