SUMMARY: The Texas Medical Center (TMC) Library is a major research library serving Texas Medical Center researchers, clinicians and students, including two major medical schools and member institutions.
The TMC Library seeks a dynamic Electronic Resources Librarian for our organization. This position reports to the Head of Resource Management/Discovery Services. The ideal candidate’s role focuses on excellent customer service, resource access, usage and marketing of library resources. To fulfill the goals and mission of the TMC Library, the Electronic Resources Librarian performs additional work as needed to assist in accreditation, education, acquisition and other duties as assigned.
- In ALMA, maintains electronic resource metadata, activations, jobs and tasks.
- In Primo VE, improves discoverability of library resources as needed.
- Troubleshoots access issues, diagnoses, and resolves with vendor assistance.
- Communicates professionally with vendors and publishers.
- Educates users and staff on resource access and use of library catalog system.
- Maintains trouble ticket system for Resource Management
- Creates resource marketing materials (Libguides, blogs, social media)
- Creates resource usage reports for acquisitions, institutional assessment and accreditation needs (AAHSL and IPEDS annual reports)
- Collaborates with Systems Librarian as needed (Open Athens, alerts, etc.)
- Manages consortial licenses/renewals for SCAMeL, Harrassowitz and THSLC.
- Responds for TMC Library in Basecamp team communications.
- Joins technical services listservs, committees of interest.
- Attends consortial meetings (SCAMeL, THSLC); reports to RM team
- Special projects assigned by RM manager on an as-needed basis.
Education and Experience
- Master of Library Science degree
- Five or more years of professional academic library experience.
- Knowledgeable about electronic resources, industry best practices, online catalogs, and discovery tools.
- Able to assume responsibility and work independently and collaboratively.
- Able to analyze situations accurately, plan work, and adopt effective course of action.
- Skilled using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Canva.
- Highly effective in verbal and written professional communications.
- Alma and PrimoVE certification must be obtained within first six months of employment.
- Usual Environment – office, library
- Remote Work – hybrid onsite/remote
- Physical Requirements – standing, sitting, walking, some light lifting
The TMC Library offers a complete benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, life and short/long-term disability insurance. In additional to a comprehensive benefits package, the Library provides paid holidays, vacation and sick accrual, an exceptional retirement plan, and a monthly transportation subsidy. The TMC Library is an equal employment opportunity institution, providing access to employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Last updated: Thursday, September 29, 2022 16:57 UTC