Information Technology Librarian
Mount St. Mary’s University seeks an innovative, collaborative, forward-thinking, and service-oriented professional to serve as its Information Technology Librarian. This individual will coordinate the development of technology applications that support library programs and services; identify emerging technologies and develop programs and best practices for the Phillips Library; and work collaboratively with library and University IT staff, faculty and students. The Information Technology Librarian collaborates with faculty and other librarians to enhance students research skills through instruction and reference services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the library’s integrated library system, including sub-systems for cataloging and resources discovery, inventory control, acquisitions, and interlibrary loan.
- Manages and provides access to digital resources collections, including database products and licenses, user authentication software, and digital archives platform.
- Manages technical data and account integrity for the library’s large collection of digital resources including constant direct contact with campus networking staff and vendor/content providers’ technical staff.
- Manages the development and maintenance of the library’s website and reference platforms.
- Provides instruction and reference services to both students and faculty.
- The Information Technology Librarian leads the library’s digital initiatives in collaboration with librarians, faculty, and university administration.
- Provides expertise in identifying, evaluating, and making recommendations concerning the use of new and emerging technologies that support the library’s mission.
- Provides leadership and coordination for planning, implementing, and training for the adoption and integration of new technologies.
- Evaluates user-side applications and their impact on information systems design and resource delivery.
- Participates in regional and/or national professional activities to advance the development of digital library resources.
- Develops, implements, and maintains digital services, workflows and policies throughout the library including any necessary troubleshooting.
- Maintain library hardware in collaboration with university IT.
- Coordinates library technology services with Mount’s Frederick campus.
- Serves on the campus-wide Technology Advisory Committee and any other university ad hoc technology groups.
- MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA accredited program is required.
- Demonstrated experience with integrated library systems and their applications.
- Demonstrated enjoyment in working with the challenges of using technology applications to support library services.
- Knowledge of current trends in digital library development, digitization standards and preservation, and digital rights management issues relating to digital materials.
- Ability to work independently and effectively across organizational lines and in collaboration with a variety of individuals and groups to plan improvements and resolve problems.
- Ability to learn and teach new technologies quickly, as well to effectively interact with others who possess a range of technological backgrounds.
- Ability to provide training and instruction on processes to individuals or groups.
- Excellent customer service skills with a commitment to customer service.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as continued professional development.
- Experience working with OCLC’s WorldShare Management Services and Springshare products
- Academic library experience.
- Knowledge of ACRL’s Framework for Information Literacy in Higher Education.
This is a full-time position with full benefits and annual, holiday and sick leave. The university offers a generous benefits package, including tuition remission for graduate and undergraduate classes at Mount St. Mary’s University, retirement program with a match as well as a generous paid time off schedule. Competitive salary commensurate to experience.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 19:45 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 19:45 UTC