The Glenview Public Library enriches, educates, and inspires our diverse community by connecting people to the world of information and ideas. Our work focuses on expanding engagement, visibility, and access with new initiatives and services to improve your Library experience.
The Glenview Public Library is dedicated to maintaining a service-focused culture based on kindness and respect where all people feel welcome. To accomplish this, each member of our team is expected to embrace the organization's core values by embracing and supporting all voices; treating people with courtesy and care; working with others to achieve more together; listening and adapting to the interests and needs of others; finding new ways to continuously evolve; seeking and providing opportunities to learn and grow; and managing resources effectively.
We are seeking an individual to serve as our Facilities Specialist. This is a Full-Time (37.5 hours/week) position. Under the supervision of Facilities Manager, this employee serves as the Facilities Specialist. The Facilities Specialist is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the library building, parking areas and grounds. The Facilities Specialist strives to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency. This position troubleshoots varieties of mechanical equipment, performs basic repairs, janitorial and housekeeping duties and meeting room set-ups. Specific responsibilities/functions will be assigned by the Facilities Manager based on experience, skills, and specific needs of the department.
The pay range for this position is $23.08 to $26.15/hour depending on qualifications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of this position include:
· Oversees daily departmental custodial work.
· Troubleshoots HVAC, mechanical and electrical equipment and performs basic repairs
· Performs plumbing repairs, carpentry, painting, moving of furniture, etc.
· Conducts daily walk-around of library building and grounds and reports potential issues of concern to Facilities Manager.
· Helps oversee the daily work of cleaning service staff, in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
· Searches and provides others with information related to building security issues using Library’s ExacqVision Security and Velocity Swipe Card Systems; works with the Assistant Director to enter appropriate data.
· Works with the Facilities Manager in creating and implementing preventive maintenance schedules for building and related systems.
· Enhances efficiencies of Library building systems, coordinates contractor work, requests bids, maintains preventative maintenance database, and orders parts.
· Performs scheduled preventative maintenance.
· Performs departmental purchasing of components, parts and materials.
· Maintains the preventative maintenance database.
· Responsible for coordinating all meeting room set-ups with appropriate staff and community organizations.
· Assists Facilities Manager with obtaining vendor price-quote solicitations and departmental materials and supplies purchases.
· Performs general repairs on furniture and equipment.
· Performs snow and ice removal from Library property.
· May act as a security presence in the absence of designated security staff.
· May perform any combination of cleaning and/or janitorial duties necessary to maintain Library premises in a clean and orderly manner, as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college, technical training or trade certification preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years building HVAC, electrical and plumbing maintenance experience required.
· Possession of valid Illinois driver’s license, access to a personal vehicle and proof of current automobile insurance.
· Ability to work flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and weekends, and to be “on call” for emergencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to read and write in English and to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Ability to communicate effectively in person, by telephone and in writing, with staff, patrons, vendors, and contractors.
Knowledge of and experience with commercial HVAC systems.
Ability to operate cleaning equipment, hand and power tools, snow removal equipment, vertical platform lift and to instruct others in proper usage.
Develops, fosters, and maintains an effective employee team with area of responsibility.
Ability to perform complex building HVAC, electrical, plumbing, irrigation repairs, etc.
Ability to perform general maintenance and repairs (carpentry, drywall and painting).
Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers as required, and ability to reach overhead.
Ability to sit, walk, stand, balance, stoop, bend, reach, kneel, crouch, lift, crawl, twist on a regular basis.
Ability to climb and work from a ladder and an overhead lift.
Ability to lift and handle 70 lbs.
Ability to exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Please reference position code FAC FS0822.
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at the Glenview Public Library are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, religion, actual or perceived sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation or sexual preference, gender identity, age, marital status, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability (unrelated to an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of the job either with or without a reasonable accommodation), association with a person with a disability, unfavorable discharge from military service or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected by state, federal or local law.
How to apply
Submitted by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Monday, September 19, 2022 17:41 UTC
Last updated: Monday, September 19, 2022 17:41 UTC