Programmer Analyst III (Digital Library Developer)
Texas Tech University Libraries — Lubbock, Texas
0 other recent jobs
Salary: 48,000 - 84,000
Created: September 8, 2022
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of the digital library software landscape.
- Acts as a backup Admin for the Open Source (mostly Linux-based) digital library software. This includes troubleshooting and debugging.
- Performs systems analysis, develops, and reviews programming code defined in project plans to meet design specifications, customer requirements, and/or applies vendor-supplied upgrades.
- Design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on user or system design specifications.
- Completes application modifications to enhance functionality, adapt to technology changes, and correct application errors.
- Supervises and/or leads programming projects and initiatives, as assigned by management.
- Completes other programming tasks, as assigned by management.
- Create and maintain system documentation and participates in knowledge management activities.
- Adheres to all appropriate Institutional policies (including IT OPs) and other relevant internal departmental policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Programming experience in a Linux development environment.
- Familiarity with database-driven applications and SQL.
- Knowledgeable with Linux servers.
- Familiarity with a common programming language.
- Experience creating program documentation.
- Working knowledge of networking technologies protocols.
- Familiarity with open-source software concepts.
- Willingness to learn new programming languages or techniques.
Bachelor's degree with coursework in computer science, MIS, IT, or other related area plus three (3) years related full-time paid experience OR a combination of related education and/or experience. Applicants for this Security Sensitive Level II position will be subject to a criminal background check and must pass a drug and alcohol test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, but before employment can be confirmed.
- Knowledge of open-source community development practices.
- Experience with version control platforms such as GitHub.
- Knowledge of Digital Library software.
- Familiarity with digital library technologies.
- Ability to manage collaborative software development environments and code repositories.
- Familiarity with relational database management systems like SQL; experience maintaining and debugging live software systems.
- Capability to document workflow and process engineering.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, September 8, 2022 19:23 UTC
Last updated: Thursday, September 8, 2022 19:23 UTC