- Supervises Branch staff supporting ArchivesSpace, Horizon, Smithsonian Transcription Center, and Smithsonian Online Virtual Archive (SOVA) systems.
- Provides IT project management, archival metadata architecture, integration and transformation services including data and workflow analysis, design, and support for system / data integrations.
- Performs complex process and data analysis and data transformation, defines requirements and provides project management and leadership for the development and documentation of fully automated archival workflows with digital archival objects applying knowledge of cataloging standards, data formats and rules such as EAD, MARC and MARC XML, AACR2 and
- Performs detailed analysis on schemas and complex data mapping and transformation from multiple data sources, programs and implements data transformation for multiple data types including EAD XML, and MARC XML documents, and troubleshoots problems using xQuery, XSLT, SQL, Python, and OpenRefine technologies in Linux and Windows environments.
- Leads software development projects applying Agile methodologies to plan, organize, and schedule sprints. Effectively utilizes tracking and management tools such as ServiceNow, JIRA, or AirTable to track projects, tasks, assignments, and progress.
- Telework eligible (not eligible for full time remote work).
Last updated: Thursday, September 8, 2022 19:23 UTC