Provide education, consulting, and support for cataloging, classification, and metadata standards used by librarians and archivists. Duties include developing and conducting training courses and presentations on cataloging, classification, and metadata standards; monitoring current and emerging regional, national, and international cataloging and metadata standards and practices; providing support and consulting for cataloging and metadata standards; and administering the RDA Toolkit member benefit and discount program.
This position reports to the Continuing Education Services Manager.
This position is available from our Dallas or St. Louis offices with the option to work remotely. Amigos staff currently work in Illinois, Missouri, and Texas. Work-related travel may be required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• 3 years related professional experience in cataloging, metadata, and/or technical services.
• 1 – 3 years of teaching, training, or instruction experience.
• Thorough knowledge of current library principles and practices for cataloging, acquisitions,
serials, authority control, and digital metadata.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Considerable ability in oral and written communication.
• Professional library experience in an academic or public library environment.
• Experience managing electronic resources.
• Experience working with Open Refine, MARC Edit, and Python.
Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited college or university with coursework in
cataloging and classification.
Salary and Benefits
The anticipated hiring salary is from $45,000. Amigos offers a competitive benefits package including medical and dental coverage; optional vision and supplementary insurances; 401(k) retirement plan; vacation, personal, and sick days. Remote work and flexible schedule options are also available for this position.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume as PDF attachments to Tracy Byerly at email@example.com. The position is open until filled with the first review of applications beginning September 29th.
About Amigos Library Services
Amigos Library Services is a not-for-profit library consortium dedicated to serving over 500 academic, public, and special libraries throughout the Southcentral and Southwest regions and across the United States. Amigos provides member libraries with group purchasing, materials delivery, continuing education, and technology hosting services.
How to apply
Tracy Byerly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published: Wednesday, September 7, 2022 19:33 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, September 7, 2022 19:33 UTC