General Position Summary:
In partnership with the Associate Director, Prospect Management, the Prospect Management Analyst works to develop strategies and programs to build an effective pipeline of potential donors to the University of Arizona. The Analyst will build a broad and deep understanding of fundraising metrics to provide the information that supports the management of prospects through the development cycle. The Analyst also proposes processes for ensuring that the best prospects are actively managed by Development Officers (DOs).
The Prospect Management Analyst partners with DOs on the tracking and management of their activity in Blackbaud CRM and supports DOs in their use of prospect research findings for informing development strategies. The Analyst produces standardized monthly and quarterly data visualizations of fundraising activity to inform team DOs, lead DOs, and Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement (PAE) Leadership. As part of the Prospect Development liaison program, the Analyst collaborates with fundraising units and PAE Leadership to establish customized services and meeting frequencies/topics, liaises with prospect research team members as needed to deliver capacity analysis and wealth profiles, and identifies emerging fundraising data needs to inform the development of standardized reporting products. In addition to producing ongoing reports, the Analyst may be asked to report on other important information regarding fundraising progress/activity. The Analyst also partners with the Associate Director to develop and manage Prospect Management Policy & Process Guidelines. The Prospect Management Analyst regularly monitors fundraising activity for continuity and compliance with the PAE’s Prospect Management Policy & Process Guidelines.
No supervisory responsibility at this time.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- As a part of the Prospect Development liaison program, collaborate with fundraising units and PAE Leadership to establish customized services and meeting frequencies/topics in support of maximizing fundraising efforts.
- Liaise with prospect research team members as needed to deliver capacity analysis and wealth profiles.
- Strategize and partner with PAE leadership, prospect development colleagues, and DOs to support the development of high-capacity portfolios.
- Analyze fundraising activity to support DOs in identifying top prospects and suspects. As needed, partner with PAE leadership to recommend the recalibration of DO portfolios to maximize performance and elevate the highest priority prospects for management.
- Advise and report to PAE leaders and other managers on the status of fundraising strategies, activities, and progress.
- Partner with prospect development colleagues to manage and respond to prospect management-related support requests that are directed to the team.
- Partner with colleagues to make recommendations and draft proposals for developing and/or modifying PAE Prospect Management Policy & Process Guidelines.
- In partnership with members of the Information Technology team and the Associate Director of Prospect Management, build standard prospect management data lists in Blackbaud CRM for DOs to access, as common business needs are identified. Also act as a Blackbaud CRM prospect management expert to inform the design and continued implementation of a prospect management training program for DOs and their support staff.
- Participate in the administration and configuration of the prospect management components of the Blackbaud CRM system. Provide regular quality checks and audits as needed to ensure the quality of prospect, assignment, action, and proposal data.
- Using Tableau, Excel, and/or other software, produce monthly and quarterly reports that track the general quality of prospect and suspect pools, portfolios, and metrics. Identify emerging data needs in partnership with fundraising units to inform the refinement of standard reporting and/or new standard reporting products.
- Assist the Associate Director in setting short and long-term goals and priorities for the prospect management (moves management) program.
- Understand and apply national best practices, processes, and technologies for prospect management. Learn about technologies, products, and expertise that could improve the effectiveness of the University of Arizona development programs and apply them to grow and achieve an industry-leading program.
- Seek opportunities for professional development that will enhance job performance. Develop and maintain a network of contacts with other prospect management professionals nationwide.
- Safeguard the confidentiality of constituent information at all times. Uphold departmental policies regarding confidential information. Adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines of both the Foundation and the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills:
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, the internal workings of the PAE as well as the technology tools available, including Blackbaud CRM (the development system), Tableau Data Visualization Software, a Microsoft Windows computer environment, and the Microsoft Office suite (including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required).
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, the principles, practices, developments, and techniques of instituting a prospect management/moves management program in a complex fundraising and development operation, including an understanding of how prospect management systems are integrated into those operations.
- Proficiency with query and analysis techniques and tools used to modify, retrieve, manipulate, and report on data from relational database management systems.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, including the ability to communicate patiently, professionally, and effectively. A strong commitment to proactive customer service is required.
- Strong verbal and writing skills, high attention to detail and follow-up, excellent organizational skills, and an exceptional work ethic and track record of personal initiative required.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage several projects simultaneously in an environment with multiple and competing priorities required.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact required.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to new programs in an emerging and changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and 2 or more years of experience working in a higher-education or non-profit development role.
- Professional work experience developing, designing, and delivering metrics reporting, prospect research, prospect management, project management, or database administration/management services in a fundraising/development or other professional work environment OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- One or more years of experience using Blackbaud CRM.
- Experience working closely with frontline development officers.
- Demonstrated experience leading a project team, acting as a lead, and mentoring or managing colleagues.
- This position works in an office environment with close work on a computer.
- Willingness and ability to travel to various offices and departments across campus and/or non-campus locations for Foundation or University business required.
Last updated: Friday, September 2, 2022 13:52 UTC