Do you like finding solutions?
Do you like being a jack of many trades?
Do you learn new technologies?
Do you thrive working with data-driven IT systems, interacting with developers and application owners to assess, implement, enhance, and maintain applications and servers?
We are looking for a Cloud System Administrators that will work with us in a cloud-first, DevOps culture. Your duties will include:
- Systems installation, integration, administration, upgrades, maintenance, and custom configuration
- Automating, building, deploying, and releasing code from one environment to another environment.
- Cloud infrastructure automation which may include; AWS, Terraform, OpenStack, Jenkins, LINUX, Docker containers, etc.
- Frequent collaboration with others within the Library Systems team on industry best-practices, staying ahead of trends, reducing technical debt, etc.
- Regular collaboration with other staff in CUL-IT, including custom development teams and managers, to comprehend their projects and business needs and implement maintainable solutions architectures
- Lifecycle management for Library servers, applications, and databases
- Assisting the migration to cloud infrastructure and the development of new services in the cloud using industry best-practices
- Use standardized approaches to deploying applications via the team’s configuration management tools
- Periodic on-call shifts rotated within the Library Systems team
- Maintaining documentation to assist operational management of applications and servers
You will get:
- Multiple opportunities to find innovative solutions
- A collaborative work environment
- Continued development of your experience and learning new technologies
- Great benefits that include educational benefits, staff discounts with local and national retail brands, health care options to choose from, generous paid leave provisions: 3 weeks of vacation, 12 paid holidays (including end of year winter break through New Year’s Day) and outstanding retirement contributions
This role requires:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years of experience in software systems implementation, maintenance, help, and design, working within an information technology software development / deployment team or similar experience.
- Strong communication techniques. Able to communicate with parties having little or no technical training.
- Working style that centers around being a proactive self-starter, as well as a collaborative team player.
- Be able to prioritize requests and negotiate timeframes for services to different stakeholders.
- Knowledge of how to handle change effectively, while being mindful of technology, the library’s business processes, and systems implications.
- Be able to implement and maintain systems that align with the Library’s mission, including the discovery, preservation, and dissemination of knowledge and creative expression.
- Knowledge of how to assess problems to design and implement solutions, both alone and as part of cross-functional teams.
- Experience with a variety of programming languages, databases, and Linux administration.
- Familiarity with IT security optimum practices.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Potential for Remote / Hybrid Work:
This position is located in Ithaca, New York, though hybrid or full remote work within the USA is supported. The New York Convenience of the Employer Rule requires New York State individual tax reporting and withholdings for these positions. Additional state income tax filings may also be required if working outside of New York State.
Applying for the position:
To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter and resume, preferably as one document. The cover letter must include one paragraph describing past, present, and/or future aspirations for promoting equity, inclusion, and diversity in your career to convey how you see these commitments continuing at Cornell.
How to apply
Published: Friday, September 2, 2022 13:51 UTC
Last updated: Friday, September 2, 2022 13:51 UTC