Under the general direction of the AUL for Scholarly Resources, the newly created E-Resource Discovery and Metadata Librarian will manage the Library’s enhancement and maintenance of e-resources metadata to support and maximize e-resource discovery in our Alma/Primo environment; and will manage and develop local workflows for providing quality metadata for our electronic resources. In addition, the position provides leadership and expertise for establishing and maintaining stable and consistent online access to e-resources through coordination and leadership of the e-resource troubleshooting team.
Reporting to the Head of Technical Services, the E-Resource Discovery and Metadata Librarian is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the E-Resource Discovery and Access Unit, providing leadership and supervision for the staff in the unit: The Senior Library Expert - Data Management and the Senior Library Expert - Electronic Resources.
Education and Experience
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in library and information science or an equivalent combination of education and education and experience.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in an academic or research library.
- Ability to lead, manage, train, and inspire staff.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in cataloging using MARC and other relevant emerging metadata standards (e.g., MODS, DC, BIBFRAME, etc.) in an integrated library system environment (preferably Alma) for resources in many material formats.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with both internal colleagues and external stakeholders and vendors.
- Understanding of standard usage metrics such as COUNTER data, EZproxy log files, or Google Analytics.
- Understanding of bibliographic records, cataloging practices, and the lifecycle management of electronic resources.
- Experience with data normalization, cleanup, and refinement tools such as MarcEdit, OpenRefine, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work with current metadata standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion as well as an understanding of the contributions a diverse workforce brings to the workplace.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, August 31, 2022 17:56 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, August 31, 2022 17:56 UTC