The mission of The Jim Moran Foundation Archives is to preserve and share the story of Jim Moran, the organizations he created, his vision, his philosophies and his philanthropic contributions, through the identification, collection and cataloguing of memorabilia and other property (both physical and intellectual) of historical significance.
The Foundation is seeking an Archives and Digital Preservation Specialist to focus on long-term digital preservation initiatives for born digital and digitally reformatted documents, photographs and audio-visual materials. The Archives and Digital Preservation Specialist will design and oversee digital preservation workflows and collaborate with the Archives team to assess, develop and implement digital preservation policies and procedures and will contribute to the organization and processing of physical collections, as needed.
- Collaborate and communicate with the Archives team to ensure the collection is properly catalogued and preserved
- Design and oversee the implementation of workflows and integrations between a digital asset management system or preservation platform and existing archives collection management system
- Create and oversee the documentation of protocols and workflows governing the use of a digital asset management system or digital preservation platform
- Survey, inventory and process physical and digital archival collections
- Arrange and describe collections using archival descriptive standards
- Apply appropriate archival metadata standards within the collection management system and digital preservation solution
- Digitize materials utilizing best practices
- Proactively identify incomplete or inaccurate catalog records and participate in data cleanup
- Contribute to physical preservation activities including collection care
- Provide research assistance, as needed, in support of archives inquiries and requests
- Lead educational tours, as needed
- Assist in the creation, preparation and maintenance of exhibits and displays, as needed
- May provide administrative support to The Jim Moran Foundation Board of Directors and assist with special projects as assigned.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 20:38 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 20:38 UTC