Library Systems Analyst
The Boston University Libraries are seeking a Library Systems Analyst to ensure effective utilization of the core library systems and integrations to provide excellent digital services to our community. This new role will collaborate closely with colleagues in Library Technology & Discovery Services and across library units to continuously improve processes through principles and practices of service design to meet evolving staff and patron needs.
- Provide technical support for Alma integrated library system across functional areas, primarily for system administration and integrations, and coordinate activity across library units on campus.
- Collaborate with library units on best approaches to services and processes utilizing library systems, integrations with campus IT solutions, and potential new vendor systems.
- Analyze existing and potential new workflows between internal staff processes and patron services to quality of online services.
- Advise and implement solutions using appropriate platforms such as ILS, course readings, SpringShare web services, applications and services provided by IS&T.
- Produce reports, dashboards, and other analyses in collaboration with LTDS and library units to convey impact of usage of library digital resources and collections.
- Provide insight and guidance around potential new services and systems for libraries based on industry trends and partner organizations.
- Master’s degree in library & information science, information systems, or field related to the administration of systems and data for organization and delivery of online information.
- 2-3 years of experience with library systems or electronic resources OR any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.
- Working knowledge of metadata formats, standards, and exchange protocols such as MARC, Dublin Core, linked data, OAI-PMH, XML.
- Experience in customer service or technical support for software applications, online resources, web technologies, or library operations.
- Ability to develop procedures and workflows, create and maintain documentation.
- Ability to think systematically to analyze issues and provide solutions.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively in a rapidly changing and diverse campus environment.
- Ability to create reports, interpret, and make decisions informed by web analytics.
- Experience with Primo and Alma library systems for discovery and resource management.
- Experience producing help, instruction, and tutorial content for a range of audiences.
- Ability to set priorities for feature development and enhancements through user research, feedback, and analytics.
- Awareness of industry trends and user expectations for discovery and usage in an academic research environment.
- Experience working with web publishing technologies.
Boston University Libraries is a learning organization that supports the work of BU librarians, archivists, and information and subject specialists to seek and share knowledge, practices, and perspectives that advance library services to the university community. Embedded in numerous vibrant regional and national library and information specialist networks, the Boston University Libraries are active members within the Boston Library Consortium, the Association of Research Libraries, and the Coalition for Networked Information, and library staff at BU serve as engaged thought-leaders on a wide breadth of library management and service areas across diverse communities.
Application review will commence August 29, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
For complete description, please visit: https://bu.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&id=23&jobid=310400
Published: Friday, August 5, 2022 16:37 UTC
Last updated: Friday, August 5, 2022 16:37 UTC