Equinox Open Library Initiative is looking for a Product and Education Specialist to join our team! We are seeking a creative and motivated individual eager to work directly with library staff using open source systems. In this role, you will develop educational resources, create training and product demonstrations, provide workflow and technical support, and assist libraries on-site and remotely. If you’re excited to provide library technology training and education, apply today!
The Product and Education Specialist at Equinox develops and delivers synchronous and asynchronous training and education programs, creates documentation and other training resources, and maintains product expertise in designated open source library technologies. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to work with a wide range of learners with empathy and effectiveness. The candidate will be expected to work well independently, show initiative, and successfully manage and complete assigned projects with efficiency, skill, and attention to detail. This position is fully remote with travel required (approximately 25%).
- Create and Plan – Plan and develop educational materials and assets, including videos, webinars, informational handouts, documentation, and live training sessions. Evaluate the ongoing effectiveness of the materials. Create, administer, and report assessment results.
- Training and Consulting - Provide training and consulting to library staff learning how to use the open source software products supported by Equinox and serve as a subject matter expert on designated products and related topics. Manage the training project plan and schedule. Look for continuous improvement opportunities. May lead individual projects and also work as a member of a project team.
- Shared Learning and Collaboration – Collaborate with the product and education team and other functional teams across Equinox to facilitate shared learning and to provide consistent communications and services. Participate in open source community activities and events.
- Product Research and Evaluation – Research and evaluate open source products. Develop and deliver product demonstrations. Stay informed about new product developments and library industry developments.
- Client and Partner Engagement – Maintain regular contact with clients and partners to obtain feedback, provide additional support, and to strengthen and engage communities and partnerships.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or related subject.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by previous work experience and references.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills as demonstrated by previous work experience and references.
- Experience juggling multiple tasks in a fast-paced, remote work environment.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining positive professional relationships, communicating effectively internally and externally, exercising good judgment, and escalating issues as needed.
- Experience with integrated library systems and conducting software training.
- Ability to manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment and prioritize effectively.
- Experience with web-based training applications preferred.
- Familiarity with library operations and standards strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a public, academic, or special library environment.
- Familiarity with Evergreen or Koha software and open source communities.
- Located in Missouri.
This job description is intended to provide a representative list of the essential functions of the position. Specific assignments and duties may vary based on program and business needs.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference and background checks and verification of eligibility to work in the United States (E-Verify).
Equinox Open Library Initiative is a mission-driven non-profit organization dedicated to providing innovative open source software and expert technology services for libraries worldwide. Equinox offers a full range of services to libraries, including support for Evergreen ILS, Koha ILS, Fulfillment ILL, CORAL ERM, SubjectsPlus, WordPress, and more. Services include software development, migration and implementation, consulting, training and education, IT management, hosting and support.
Equinox is fully remote with team members across the United States. Equinox is fully remote with team members across the United States. Employees receive a generous benefit package including paid holidays and time off, flexible work schedules, health insurance, retirement plan, and additional benefits.
Equinox values the ideas, perspectives, and contributions of individuals from all backgrounds and experiences. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other status protected by applicable laws. Equinox fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment and does not tolerate discrimination of any kind. Equinox is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, August 2, 2022 00:18 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, August 2, 2022 00:18 UTC