As Collection Analysis Librarian you will:
Collaborate with colleagues from across the Libraries to support strategic goals. You will collect and analyze data on the Libraries collections, from multiple sources and for multiple uses. You will coordinate, compile, and document essential information related to collection development and collections budgets.
You will love this role if you are:
- Excited by solving puzzles and willing to explore multiple paths to a solution
- Comfortable with integrating detailed quantitative and qualitative information
- Looking for a mix of independent and collaborative work
- Interested in library collections, their role in academic research and teaching, and their impact on scholarship
- Ready to discuss and pursue multiple dimensions of diversity in library collections
You will thrive in this role with these skills and abilities:
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively, strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of major principles and issues in research library collection development and management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Any combination of additional experience with relevant concepts and software, for example: data analysis and visualization, library data/metadata standards, integrated library systems, financial accounting, project management, or others
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through tangible outcomes in work history or education
- Masters degree from an ALA-accredited program or other relevant advanced degree
Please join us to learn more about the position and ask questions.
We are offering an information session over Zoom where we will share more information about the university, our library, and this position. No registration is needed - just click the link at the listed date and time. This is in Eastern Standard Time. Participants can login as anonymous, attendee names only seen by panelists.
Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 2:00pm EST at https://duke.zoom.us/j/96805013668
Priority given to applicants who apply by Monday, August 8, 2022.
To see the full position description and apply, please go to: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/22132
The Duke University Libraries are the center of intellectual life at Duke, one of the most highly ranked private universities in the nation. The William R. Perkins Library, Bostock Library, David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, and von der Heyden Pavilion comprise the university’s main library complex, which is joined on East Campus by the Lilly and Music Libraries, and by the Pearse Memorial Library at the Duke Marine Lab. Together with the separately administered libraries serving the schools of Business, Divinity, Law, and Medicine, they comprise one of the country’s top 10 private research library systems. Consistently recognized as a great place to work, we value diversity of thought, perspective, experience, and background, and we strive to provide an inclusive, safe, and welcoming environment with equitable support for all people.
How to apply
Head of Collection Strategy and Development
Duke University Libraries
Published: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 18:34 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 18:34 UTC