Library Services Assistant
Fenway Library Organization (FLO, www.flo.org), a consortium of academic and special libraries throughout Massachusetts, seeks a Library Services Assistant. This individual will support communication, content, applications, reporting, training and documentation for FLO member libraries.
This is a temporary, part-time position with benefits that starts September, 1, 2022, and ends June 30, 2023. The position may be extended beyond this date subject to funding and performance. Work will take place both on-site and remotely. Applicants from eastern New England are encouraged to apply.
Note: this position is especially suited to an individual who is in, or has recently graduated from, a library and information science graduate program.
- Provide first-level support for library staff use of software applications including ComCat, CORAL, EBSCO Discovery, EZproxy, FOLIO, Koha, Preservica, Voyager, VuFind, and others
- Provide first-level support for library staff use of e-content resources including Academic Complete, Credo, and others
- Assist with the development of training materials including text, video, images, tutorials, and surveys
- Assist with training library staff in the use of FLO-sponsored e-content and software applications
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports and statistics
- Communication: coordinate agendas, arrange meeting locations, assist with meeting management, and record minutes as needed
- Maintain websites by adding news, updates, documents, minutes, etc
- General administrative support
- Other duties as may be required
- Bachelor’s degree required; enrollment or recent graduation from an MLS or MLIS degree program preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Proven competence with desktop software applications including Microsoft Excel (required) and Access (preferred)
- Desire to participate in collaborative problem solving required
- Flexibility appropriate for a dynamic work setting, including schedule changes that respond to the needs of the consortium required
- Ability to travel to member libraries in Massachusetts required
- Strong customer service ethic required; customer-facing work experience preferred
- Experience working or volunteering in libraries preferred
- Experience working with library content and software preferred
- Interest in current and emerging library technologies preferred
Fenway Library Organization encourages the application of all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, or veteran status.
Closing date: August 8, 2022
How to apply
Send email including resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to:
Fenway Library Organization
A complete job description is available upon request.
Published: Monday, July 18, 2022 15:46 UTC
Last updated: Monday, July 18, 2022 15:46 UTC