The Business Development Manager at Equinox is responsible for developing and managing business relationships and opportunities, identifying and responding to requests for proposals, overseeing marketing and communications, coordinating outreach and conference events, and has ownership of the business development activities of the organization. This position is fully remote with travel required (up to 25%, pending COVID-19 considerations).
- Identify business opportunities and prepare proposals. Manage business processes and prepare RFI/RFQ/RFP and grant proposals to achieve business development goals. Establish schedules, coordinate subject matter assignments, complete forms and documentation, compile financial and business data, and prepare relevant business information, working closely with colleagues across the organization. Responsible for completeness, accuracy, and timely submission of proposals.
- Develop and grow business relationships. Build relationships with present and future clients and identify opportunities and partnerships. Learn about client business needs. Provide information about the business and technology solutions Equinox provides to public, academic, and special libraries. Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations.
- Manage current accounts. Support existing accounts with high quality service and timely communication and updates. Offer referrals and information about Equinox's wide range of programs and services. Prepare quotes, update contracts, maintain customer account information across Equinox’s business systems.
- Contact and qualify leads. Serve as the primary point of contact for business development and sales. Prospect new leads by making initial phone or email contact. Respond to incoming requests for information about Equinox’s product and service offerings and Equinox's unique mission-driven approach to providing library technology services.
- Coordinate marketing and communications. Lead Equinox's outreach, marketing, and communications initiatives. Work closely with the communications and management teams to align campaigns with business development objectives. Develop, review, and approve content. Initiate, report, and present market research to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and present business information. Create and deliver product demonstrations, client presentations, and educational programs at events and conferences, in-person, and remotely. Prepare internal reports, presentations, and data for stakeholders and project leads. Organize in-person and virtual meetings, conferences, events, and presentations.
- Lead and manage business development initiatives. Set, plan, and achieve annual goals. Own and accomplish business objectives. Present quarterly and annual progress reports. Recommend workflow efficiencies. Perform business and market research and prepare business cases and plans. Hire, train, and supervise employees and subcontractors.
How to apply
Published: Monday, July 18, 2022 15:46 UTC
Last updated: Monday, July 18, 2022 15:46 UTC